No Crit Tempest Strike/Avalanche Shaman Level 89 - Just unlocked Empowered monoliths and am struggling. Would like some input on my build

Hello

Im not following a build, I liked the idea of crazy attack speed and tornado/avalanche procs. so I did my own thing.

This is my current build Shaman, level 89 (Release / 1.0.1) - Last Epoch Build Planner. Im mainly stacking Spell Damage/Attack Speed/Attunement

Im not doing enough damage in Empowered Monoliths and im dying a lot. Could anyone please have a look at my build and make some suggestions about what I should be aiming for?

Thanks

all your damage comes from spells and you use 2 melee weapons? Not optimal. Also passive for dual weilding gives you 9% more damage taken from monsers which is bad. I suggest try a good 2h staff or wand / scepthre + shield. Also I find going the cold route (Jormunā€™s wrath-Bringer of Winter) on Warcry gives me more survivabilty as mobs are always frozen.

1 Like

looking at your link, you need more armor. do you have 60% endurance? drop your off hand weapon (damage boost) for defensives (shield) with block% and whatever you need.

Some things that jump my eye:

You overcapped Endurence what is a huge waste. Itā€™s capped at 60% and you are at over 90%
Your resists are in bad shape.
Your idols look like they are a bit all over the place without beeing helpfull that much.
In the passive tree of the primalist in the botton row you can get some leech. Leech helps quite a bit.
In the Beastmaster tree there is a node called Boar Heart that offers aspect of the boar on hit what is realy important for the uptime because itā€™s normaly triggered when you are hit and you donā€™t want to be hit.
Crit avoidence is VERY important and you have none. Even auto attacks from enemys could wrek you at this point.

thatā€™s all I can see at first glance without going to deep and look at every little thing :slight_smile: .

Hey!

• Great chest armor and boots!
  • I think youā€™re weakest item is your belt and that should be the priority to chase something better.
  • You REALLY need Critical Avoidance. At empowered mono, itā€™s kinda mandatory to have either Crit Avoid or Crit damage reduced. People are usually aiming for 100%. Also, watch out for the modifiers of the echoes (in mono) that you choose. If you pick the one that boosts crits for ennemies, itā€™s very clear that you will be one-shotted if you canā€™t prevent the crits.
  • Your endurance is really unbalanced ! 90% is really too high and useless over 60%. Also, you only have the basic endurance threshold (given by your max health). Reduce the percentage and boost that threshold. Endurance is a great layer of defense but need a lot of investment. If itā€™s too much pressure on your affixes slots and gear, you can flush it completelyā€¦ but you will need to invest in some other layers (armor, dodge, block).
  • Balance those resists ! :slight_smile:
  • Some blessing should be rerolled. Usually, you want to chase the better version of the blessings in empowered monolith (they are called ā€œGrandā€ blessings) but if you really struggle to complete them, at least get good ones from regular monmos. You should re-do Spirits of fire, since like I said over-endurance does nothing for you. Maybe try to get the Armor one instead ? The one from Black Sun gives you leechā€¦ do you have some leeching that I donā€™t see ? If not, reroll that one too !
  • Iā€™m sure iā€™m missing it; but I donā€™t see your way to pop a totem ? Do you have it unspec and just on your skillbar ? I say that because I see many passive points invested that gives stats if you have an active totem (Silent protector + totemic fury) .

(Dang, Irrelevant was quicker!)