New Unique Suggestion

first, your title should be something along the lines of ‘unique item suggestions’

second, your suggestions should be either specific skills or general.

third, the way you have worded everything is either confusing or contradicting.
there is no reason to even mention weapon swaps or classes/masteries, you are sending people’s thoughts in multiple different directions.

saying ‘i dont know’ at the end just shows you are even confused with what you are saying.

some players yes, other players no. as it is with any game. but everyone enjoys more items to play with.

the 50% chain on every other mastery and every player in the game is my numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

You were right about the title - There was no reason to include wep swaps at all even in the suggestion.

I thought it would be a good “comparison” to say my suggestion is “replacing” the idea of weapon swap. But yes I missed the mark on that one. - Definitely confusing.

I don’t want just generic abilities as I’d personally love to see a Clone or Ballista shoot Multi shot etc so Im going to keep it open, if it takes away the Uniqueness for you, my apologies in advance.

Im not exactly sure what your referring to when you say I said “I don’t know”.

Everything confusing and contradicting - I agree on some points but not all lol
the only thing I said that would be construed as contradictory is the fact each class/mastery should be unique. Which in “my” opinion, me wanting a small mix playstyle doesn’t take away from that but to you it does. It all boils down to our definition of Unique.

i will simplify it.

something like this

unique gloves
while melee weapon equipped gain x% of global bow attack speed/damage.
while bow weapon equipped gain x% of global melee attack speed/damage.
x% increased melee attack speed/damage
x% increased bow attack speed/damage
x% chance to summon ballista for x seconds

unique body armour
while melee weapon equipped gain x% increased armour
while bow weapon equipped gain x% increased dodge
15% increased health
x% chance to summon shadow that repeats your last skill used or specific skill version (when triggered from melee hit, it will use the bow version and vice versa).

1 Like

Do you play WOW at all?

yes, in its early days on my own private server.
not anymore though.

Is that private server Project ascension?

i cant remember what it was, its been like over 10 years or something.

why?
if you are wondering if we played together, i am 100% sure we didnt.
it was a offline private server only with family and friends.

So in Project Ascension - They have Enchantments to apply to slots. They act like Aspects in D4. One of these enchantments cause your Treants to use your known druid healing spells.

This is basically what I am aiming for when I say have a shadow clone or ballista shoot your active bow skill. Guess I could say known.

Granted your suggestion is similar but its based off your last used. Are you wording it like that to keep it in the generic spells only?

it was a simple version of what you are asking for but being more specific.
also yes, since other skills dont automatically change, which is why they require certain weapons.

if you want them to be specific mastery skills and bypass the weapon restrictions, then you can put that in your suggestion.

the point was to give you a better idea of how to put your suggestion across.
rather than people just assuming what you are meaning.

i like things to be direct and to the point, there is less confusion and no assumption which could lead to pointless arguments.
since nobody would be assuming something

when you assume then the other person saying ‘no’ like, this and giving yet another thing that depends on you assuming a result.

all that back and forth could be avoided with specific things.

Yea I usually recommend “Unique” ideas in the format that you provided.
Not exactly sure why I decided to veer away from that this time.

I do appreciate the conversation and my apologies for any confusion along the way lol

no problem. i mean i did only rewrite your entire topic for you, no big deal :stuck_out_tongue: