New Unique Items | Coming in Depths of Eterra Update

It’s not, the faster bow will always be 12.2% faster because the base/implicit attack speed is multiplicative. 1.43 / 1.274 = 12.2% faster…

Still “only” 12.2% faster.

How much better one is compared to the other depends on how much total % increased damage you have (what is the incremental benefit of the 40-100% on the Obsidian bow) and how much % crit multi you have (what is the incremental benefit of the 31-61% on the Dreadthorn bow). That’s assuming your crit chance is 100%, which it should be for a Rogue.

2 Likes

I’ve always thought that passive is too strong for so little investment. I’m generally against nerfs but this one is really needed imo

I am afraid to agree lol It either needs to be removed, or embraced entirely with item synergy for marksman using the talent. Because lets be honest, no marksman build is functional without it.

I’d rather give it +crit chance and some %crit multi. But having 100% crit chance with no investment on gear? For example the new Dragonsong bow +crit chance is useless. But then after the nerf / change marksman should have +crit chance on quivers to make up for the loss.