New Sentinel's Skill Coming in Patch 0.8.3 - Void Cleave

They’ve said several times that the stances are being removed and replaced with other skills. Likely Ravaging Aura is either something new or a node in Void Cleave or something. Maybe even a conversion node is Holy Aura.

1 Like

Ugh, I just realized that it says Ravaging Aura and not Ravaging Stance.

2 Likes

Didn’t they say that stances may get changed into toggleable stances which do not need a keybinding and don’t have a skilltree but get incorporated into skills. This would fit here when stances are renamed to aura.

1 Like

No, they said that the stances might get converted into passives. It may be that you get a Ravaging Aura for x seconds after hitting/killing mobs with this skill, is what I thought.

1 Like

While it is a nice node, I wouldn’t say it’s all upside, we don’t know how many other nodes it’s going to be buried behind.

Forget everything you know about Abyssal Echoes.

12 Likes

Whoa :open_mouth:

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Me likey.

This looks sweet, & I was so close in my previous post when I called it Void Slash.

Can we forget everything @Heavy knows about Erasing Strike as well?

1 Like

Probably not “all”, but alot :smiley:

But Erasing Strike has no Weapon Restriction.

Given that Void Cleave has one and it has a Erasing Strike Erasing Strike will probably not get one.

I just would love to have a node that transforms Void Cleave into a Smash Ability and gives it Mace Requirement

oh please NO STRENGTH scaling… it should be attunement as any other VK skill. Or att least make it scale by STR and ATTUN.
And please consider adding a node that would allow this new skill to cast Void Beams. Such a cool looking skill and I don’t use it because it is only on Erasing Strike or Shield Rush.

1 Like

what is this exactly?

All Sentinel melee skills scale with Strength. All the Void Knight skills (except Erasing Strike) scale with Attunement because they are spells (but apparently there are currently no Void Casters, despite the VK having only 1 non-spell) & Erasing Strike has Attunement because of the void rifts it spawns.

So we can suppose if we take Resonating Cleave node (that casts Abyssal Echoes) then Void Cleave would scale by STR and Attunement?

No, adding a node that procs a different skill wouldn’t affect the tags of the original skill. If there were a node that converted Void Cleave to a spell (like Storm Rift in Earthquake), that would give it the Attunement tag.

It may be out of context but will we see any love for the forge minions in the upcoming patches?

1 Like

Hmm so the skill has void and physical base damage but only the physical will convert to fire for the skill. Interesting. An aside not necessarily about this skill, it would be nice to see more straight up (all inclusive) damage conversions for skill’s nodes in the future. Just my opinion

1 Like

Yes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Llama8 your having way to much influence.

As for time rot. Why 12 stacks? Are other dots going to be limited this way in the future? Seems like a weird number

Erasing strike, abyssal echoes, and void cleave all having mana cost. Seems expensive, curious what other changes we will see to offset that.

3 Likes