New Rune Idea

[Insert Rune Name]: Change a unique item into another unique item of the same type. The new item has the same amount of Legendary Potential as the old one.

Might be too strong, but I think that this can be offset by making it rarer to find.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I am not sure I like this idea.

It is incredibly strong becaus it is repeatable, I could repeatedly apply it to the same 4 LP unique until i get what I want.
This means that either the produced uniques have to be heavily weighted (to the point of uselessness) or the rune itself has to be so unbelievably rare.

The other reason I don’t like it is that just by existing it stops me from using my high LP uniques for any thing other than the rune.
Why craft your 4 LP random unique, when you could be using a rune of Ancient orb on it to get a better unique out of it?

1 Like

I changed the quote a bit t o make it more realistic. No problem with a gambling rune that works this way but not an unlimeted ammount of times.

I like the idea. Similar to split/mirrored items in Path. Another thing I can think of is using this rune reduces LP by 1, that way it can be used multiple time but at a cost.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s actually pretty interesting. Probably also manages the balance issues.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.