New Rogue Skill - Umbral Blades

We will change it. It’s not the final icon.

Probably not easy to play well. Interesting! A first taste of the Falconer?

I like that it has a trapper playstyle option! Skill looks like a lot of fun :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Looks awesome. I hope it has an interaction with the shadow daggers mechanic, seems like an obvious choice

So if I understand correctly, Shadow blade (umbral blade used by shadows) will not leave a blade in the ground but deals 300%inc dmg right ?

Also would there be any limit on the number of blades that can be in the ground at any given time (aside from the duration) ? Does the 3 attack combo reset if there are no blades in the ground ?

Also does the Bladestorm return to you along with the umbral blade (the gif doesn’t show return) ?

1 Like

This looks amazing, awesome ability with the ability to pick up an Ares boon and even the Artemis duo boon for all you Hades fans out there :slight_smile:

Realy looking forward to this skill, even though there is not much “direct dmg” support for it with the class (same as for shurriken). And another thing ive seen with a few other skills… why make only the added dmg from the tree covert instead of also the added dmg from gear, so throwing dmg affixes dont feel as small as they do right now. Like making shurriken look like lightning but still having physical scaling and the added dmg like fire or physical from the affixes remaining the same. No critique just putting this out there :slight_smile: much love

3 Likes

I feel like rogue was mimicking things from Hades. I especially feel it in puncture.

Hrrrng.

Cacophony of steel looks super cool :smiley:

I want a Black Quiver interaction with this skill. Give us a skill node that lets us spend black arrows with Umbral so we can use the shadow on arrow pick up node.

Hmm…

Riverbend Grasp - Unique Iron Gauntlets - Gloves - Last Epoch Item Database and Mourningfrost - Unique Refuge Boots - Boots - Last Epoch Item Database

Interesting skill. Hope to see it useful for both Marksman and Bladedancer.

how does exploding blades +cacophony of steel react? does it only explode when the enemy hits the center or does it go off on the first touch?

Might explode when the spinning duration ends.

At a quick glance, I think it needs a physical tag to help with scaling.

Might not interact at all, there are quite a few nodes in skills that don’t work together.

The original damage of Umbra is physical. The example shown here is cold conversion.

I hope there are fire conversion, since u cant roll cold throw on rings/ammy.

Good catch, the tooltip screenshot was taken when the cold conversion node was already taken. It does have a physical tag by default.

Edit:. And just noticed someone else already said this.

2 Likes

Alright, It did look odd. In the past, all of the stats are shown without any node selections.