New Player Work in Progress: Nurgle Knight Build

Hi again all,
Just been mucking about in game with the talent trees and thought I’d quickly share my thoughts on a”Nurgle Knight” build, I’ve not produced an interactive build, so this is just in my head. I’ll try and stack health but I’ll try and play it as a low life, as I recall a node on Aura of Decay healing me for 2% constantly and if I’ve got this right (I may not have!) that will generate extra ward as a byproduct?
I’m not 100% on going Warlock with this though, unless there’s a way to get easy leach on all of my damage, I’m tired and sat in bed as I write this! :joy: if I can work leach into this, then I’ll revert to Lich as the 1% of all damage is converted. I’ll just be disappointed that I’ll likely have to go into Lich form when I wanted to be more of a Knight.

Anyway, the basic idea of the spec is thus:

Harvest: for applying poison, generating ward.

Gollum: 2x Gollums for taunts and extra heals to keep the pressure off of me.

Aura of Decay: applying poison and AoE damage

Fissure: applying curse and poisons in AoE

Spirit Plague: generating ward and applying curse plague/poison

Edit: Wandering Spirits may be a nice replacement for Spirit Plague, as they can shoot and do more dps to poisoned enemies. :slight_smile:

I’ll look at this again in the morning with a fresh head and come up with a better work in progress.

Any ideas welcome. :hugs:

Update: I’ve gotten to level 50! :slight_smile:

Gear: I do have a mostly low level legendary gear, most of which is the “Erased” set. I also have to ginger rings that help with poisons and the Alchemists Ladle the dropped from the bear at the very start of the campaign on this character! :smiley:

Skill used so far:
Harvest (more damage against poisoned enemies)
Fissure (applies poison and curses)
Spirit Plague (AoE)
Wandering Spirits (poison and projectiles at nearby enemies)
Transplant (gain haste and applies bone curse)

Having some real fun hear and it seems to hit really hard. I apply Spirit plague first, then Fissure, transplant onto tragedy and the harvest. I build up ward by hitting cursed enemies as I’ve built Harvest up to do this. Visually, thematically and game play it’s ticking all the right boxes for me and I’m loving it! One this I hate about most ARPGs is just how much of the screen is filled up with explosions and how little you actually see of the fight. With this build, it’s not intrusive at all! The fissure is a nice green colour and I can easily see my cursor during the battles. This is a huge quality of life and makes for more enjoyable gameplay. This Nurgle Knight build seems to hit hard enough to feel quite fast, though I’m sure there’s others builds that go quicker. It’s worth noting here that I’m not a min/max, 1 button, 1 shot bosses type of player. I play to enjoy the game and see the mechanics of fights etc (weird I know these days. :joy:). I’ve purposefully stayed away from completely overpowered abilities like Vail (the one I’ve seen turns you into a ball with 2752453737 ward), sorry but it’s just very dull and makes the game look like a mobile game in my eyes and also reminds me to much of D4! :frowning:

I saw a video recently by MinmaxRPG whereby he was trying something similar but he was using Chaos Bolts. Hopefully he’ll do another Video of his progress. Whilst I had this idea in my head as I was levelling my Necromancer (level 86 now and started to feel a little burnt out by it) and accruing gear as I progressed. However, it was his “Poison Warlock” video that inspired to put it into action instead of a different class. I can honestly say that, I do hope that this build allows me to enjoy end game as I feel this could be a MAIN character, It just resonates perfectly with me!! Fun and not over the top visuals and I love DoT based builds in most games. It may need new items in the future if a melee “Poison Warlock” is to be more numerous within the game but for now the gear works (level 50). I do hope that any shortfalls, within late game, that this build has its somewhat addressed, as it’s super fun and clean (ironically).