New player has some questions

Hey!

I played Diablo 3 and Path of Exile for about 2.000 hours, but D3 got boring and PoE was too complex for me to chill. They are both great games, but I wanted something in between, so I bought Last Epoch. :slight_smile:

I have some questions:

1. Why are there so little build guides? I looked at maxroll.gg and Last Epoch Tools. Currently Iā€™m playing a necromancer and most of the guides tell me to use the golem. I thought the build diversity is so huge?

2. Is the monolith endgame endless? Currently Iā€™m farming the first echos after completing the campaign.

3. Why should I use a lootfilter? Letā€™s say a really nice item for another class drops. Wouldnā€™t it be clever to not use a filter?

4. Is there a limit for stashes?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there, Welcome.

1. The game version changes so older build guides can no longer be valid. E.g. 0.9 was just dropped so places like lastepochtools by default only shows 0.9 builds - but most 0.85 builds still work, they are just not shown. Another reason for lack of new guides is that most people have been waiting on 0.9 so no-one has been making new ones in a very long timeā€¦

2. Monolith is endless - yes. You can keep scaling corruption up to figures where the modifiers become scary and a little stupid to be honest. (I am referring to empowered monotliths, not the normal ones you are currently playing).

3. Lootfilters are entirely optional but you will find that you need to start looking for very specific items when you reach end-game. Finding crafting base items with certain specs will be very tedious to look for manually when you can have a filter that highlights them for you. Its all a factor of how far you are and chars lvls.

4. Stash tab limit is 200 - but thats a lot of coin to get there.

I think that there are few builds because they still have to tune skill numbers of all classes (some classes are too weak compared to others, e.gā€¦ Shaman) and some skills arenā€™t working as they should.
This unfortunately means that the ā€œeffectiveā€ builds are not many.
And you must also consider that they are in Beta, they also want to add more masteries, content and so on.

After completing the campaign and side quests you must complete the Monolith timelines, in order to have the ā€œempoweredā€ Monoliths. So basically thatā€™s the endgame, kind of like PoE maps. As you play you can also find keys to specific dungeons that have various difficulties.
If you right click on keys it will show you on the map where the dungeon is.

You are not forced to use it.
It can be useful while leveling and especially in the endgame.

Thanks for your answers! :slight_smile:

That those are the main places to look for builds, also the youtube channels of perrythepig and dreadful.

There are lots of changes from 0.8.5 to 0.9 Most of the old builds should be playable on 0.9, but some, specially if you relied in one of the murdered mechanics (crit vulnerability), or one of the murdered items (bastion, wings of argentus), or relied on poison, their performance could be from stellar to OK, barely playable like crit marksman in general, or from OK to underperforming, probably if you were abusing poison and doing just OK before.

For me, the loot filter is an absolute must while playing the game. As you go higher in echoes and timelines you will get a lot of loot and without a loot filter you will spend more time reading what items have dropped than playing the game.
As for loot for other classes, you can always select the option to show all uniques/set-items and class specific idols. Other than that i dont see the benefit in farming for other classes. You can farm items for that class when playing it, when you have an idea of what specific gear you need.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.