New player feedback (POE, Grimdawn background)

Hi! Completed story with Marksman. Great game in potential so far.
Here is my feedback.

Things I liked:

1. Treasure chests contains many items and you have to search to find them
  2. Shrines
  3. Melee stuns a lot
  4. Sentinels Shield rush helps to travel realy fast
  5. Big areas
  6. Areas are full with details
  7. Areas has verticality (“floors”, not plain)
  8. Areas are not “tunnels” and even have dead ends
  9. General plot idea
  10. QoL - loot filter, tooltips, where to go indicator, enemy telegraphed attacks etc.
  11. Monsters are not killed with one click
  12. Skills are meant to make some combo
  13. Lake Liath
  14. Colors!
  15. Gather eggs/meat quest
  16. Divine Era mobs look.

Things I did not like or think should be changed:

1. NPC’s portraits
  2. Worlds map has all points shown from the very beginning (spoiler)
  3. Almost no lore notes in the areas.
  4. Too few dialog options. Hope voice over are in plans.
  5. Would like to monsters be more detalized and not one toned (Ruined and Imperial eras), especially big sized
  6. I want to read lore in loading screens, please add option to close them on separate click
  7. Make animations more smooth (For example Sentinel)
  8. Ruined era and Imperial era monsters reminds me Grim dawn Etherials and Demons. I dont know whether you were inspired by this game, but if you were, then you took bad route to make those monsters very one toned (especially void).
    In same time I like you have Eternal Empire like POE lab in green tones.
  9. Mouse hover tooltip should prioritize enemies not items. During battle if I hover on mob and under it is item, I dont want to see item’s tooltip. Otherwise this should have some option to switch off.
  10. Player health bar should be more visible, or getting to low life should have some indicator.
  11. Battles during campaign, in general should be more difficult.
  12. 3 same wands out of first 7 unics
  13. Add to dummy UI showing average DPS (including dot)
  14. Marksman should have more movement skills
  15. Hail of arrows is too strong
  16. Marksman - more ways how to replenish mana
  17. Random 3-5 screen dens/basements in areas would be very cool
  18. Side quests exp should be more (like 30% of current lvl)
  19. Every ACT (chapter) boss fight should be as Lagon

Wish you guys luck and energy to complete this game!

1 Like

First and foremost: Welcome to the LE community!

Great feedback, short but effective.

I just wanna touch on some points:

I am pretty sure the devs will overhaul story telling and presentation.
They already reworked some of the older chapter.

You need to know that the individual chapters got implemented one after the other, so some are very much older than others.

This will also affect:

Chapter 1-3 got heavily reworked and expect the Omen Of Silence all boss fights on that region are very interesting IMO.

Very gradually increasing difficulty with interesting mechanics.

I think they will eventually add/rework more bosses to be similar to some of those.
Lagon is a good example of cool mechanics, but Lagon is also the most buggy boss in the game :smiley:

The difficulty spikes in LE were much worse before the defense reworks.
I think the story is meant to be very easy, but i am sure once the story in completly in place ( we still miss one last chapter), the devs will might do a difficulty pass on the whole story.

Some more “common” uniques dropping very often is a common complain and i am sure they devs will maybe do a pass on drop chances sometime.

But also the number of total uniques is increasing over time, which will automatically lead to less duplicate drops.

You want mroe ways to regenerate mana with marksman?
I think marksman has already quite a few tools, as well as bladedancer.

Yeah i also would like to have more optional side areas, that should contain a guaranteed chest with at least some magic and rare items.

Totally agreed. Quests that solely give gold and exp feels very unrewarding.
Especially the exp they give could be alot higher.
Maybe some side quests could give huge amounts of exp and some huge amounts of gold (gold is very valuable for playing solo, to be able to gamble or buy runes of shattering)

Other than that alot of stuff i just agree on.

agree and point 5 & 8.

The lack of visual monster variation in ruined and imperial area makes it hard to immerse yourself with the gameplay world. Also the general monster design / art style is kind of ugly and it has nothing to do with the engine or particle effects used.

Especially ruined era i feel like im fighting one type of monster all the time. It has a visual tax (on me) and makes me have a sore gut feeling when i look at these unispired / boring monsters.

I’d say this is totally related to the lore of the game.
These two eras are times of uniformity. The “golden times” have gone, diversity is dying, something is trying to force its own model. That’s what all you can find looks very similar: the world is not ruled by something creative.
To the opposite, the Divine era looks far more pleasant to this point of view.
On a lore perspective, I feel all this is very well done!

I believe the current graphics and character / monster design are just placeholders.

1 Like

About mana: Before Hail of arrows I played with poison channeling Flurry with multishot and I took that node which gives me mana on hit. With Decoy and Balistas my ~150-200 mana pool depleted too quick.

After Hail of arrows I dropped balistas and flurry’s multishot, but HoA also using quite a lot of mana, so I think there should be system like in Diablo 3 (correct me if I am wrong) where you always can replenish your resource with some attack.

This game does not have mana flasks, so I think some skill to recover mana would be nice. Otherwise it is just running around and waiting for mana regen.

Idk, maybe I missed something?

Hi! What does it mean “flagged”? Should I press some button?

So you literally took 2 expensive mana skills. Mana is a very tight ressource in LE that you need to manage. You need to invest into mana management.

There are plenty of options: Mana efficiancy for Decoy(in the skill tree and idols)
You have the mana on hit from flurry and Sapping Strike Passive in Rogues Base Class Tree.
Also Marksman has Mana Warp Passive to regain even more mana.

In LE every character has 2-3 skills that don’t cost any mana (For Rogue it’s Flurry, Puncture and Cinder Strike) and you can make most of them even regenerate mana via gear/passive/skill trees. But you need to invest into that, there are no mana regenerators baseline in LE, except for some very few exceptions.

And that’s the point, you cannot trivilize mana in LE and that’s one of the big selling points in LE for me personally.

There are alot of creative ways to regain mana, especially with rogue and some more straight forward ways. Also you can have up to 4x Mana Regen on Prefixes.

No it will be automatically removed, unless some1 flagged that (because of violating ToS for example.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.