New player feedback + class suggestion

Hi
New player here with around 1 chracter in progress and lots of fun.
Game feels fresh so I’ll keep on playing but here are my thoughts after few hours of gameplay.

First of all a lack of indicator on minimap, where the boss or miniboss is makes the fight a bit more confusing than it actually might be. Just need a red dot or a mark on minimap and it will be a much better experience. Especially with fights where the arena is big and the enemy is moving a lot.

Second thing is that I really can’t find a class that will be a standard brutal melee brawler that focuses mostly on mele phys fights. The Sentinel class is sort of like a melee class but still you have 3 masteries that none of them falls in to the concept of a “brutal melee with big hits or fast swining swords - no magic just strenght and/or speer”. Such a character with 3 masteries sworddancer, brawler and tank might be a fresh experience for those that like this kind of gameplay.

Have a great day, thanks for reading.

I would strongly suggest orienting yourself toward Werebear Druid. Sounds like exactly what you are looking for, especially after the Werebear Form rework. You won’t see alot of fancy weapon swings and animations(as you are a bear), but it is the exact definition of the playstyle you are asking for.

Hello, Traveller, and Welcome!

There are a couple things we know that you might not, yet. The minimap (at least when used in overlay mode) does have a marker for your objective. It’s a “pulsing” ring where the target is. More subtle than a red-dot, but it’s there. And the quest icon indicators will point to those when it’s not visible on the map - even if the target is moving.

Second, a tip - patrolling objective monsters move counter-clockwise through the map, you can usually thwart them a bit easier by “following the left wall” so to speak.

Third - Mithica has the right of it - Primalist → Druid Werebear has a great deal of “big physical hits”. The options are there to Attune with the environment, and do more elemental effects, but they’re not mandatory. And if the Werebear effect itself is throwing you off, the skills that Werebear uses all have a basic version available to all Primalists. The Beastmaster or even a Druid not specialized in transforming could do all the same things.

The Void Knight mastery for Sentinel also has a good deal of that flavor to it - though your damage type is Void, not Physical, it’s got the same combat feel and mechanical effect (sprinting into combat, slamming enemies to death, some lighter-weight sweeping strikes, etc).

Thank you for detailed explanation.
As for the minimap indicator i was thinking of my fight with the girl before Lagon boss. She was really fast with her teleports and as it was my first playthrough I found that fight a bit more hard/confusing than any other.

As for other classes I think I might find something that interests me. It would be lovely to get an animation of the skill as you hover over it. I would get a better view on some of the classes or their skills. But with time i might just learn all the skills and their animations so I really hope this game improves and delivers much more fun.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.