New and have questions

Hi Im fairly new to LE, as a former Diablo, Poe player Im trying to figure this game out still. I rolled a Acolyte and got to level 74 and decided I wanted to try a Sorc. So Im playing my sorc and got to level 68 or so now. Glacial Sorc is pretty good but Im curious about items.

I found plenty of Unique items on the Necro but nothing I would even use as a summoner build. Im finding uniques on my Sorc too but not what I need. I assume the drops get better once I start running Monoliths but curious - is this a find your own items game - IE like D2 was during its day ?? Or so I have to trade for or worse buy items needed for my build to function.

Im currently running the first Monolith area, not sure what its called but nothing needed seems to falling my way. Or do i just keep running them and eventually Iā€™ll find stuff useful for my buildā€¦

Thanks in advance ā€¦

You should have encountered the Merchantā€™s Guild and Circle of Fortune by now. Members of the Merchantā€™s Guild can buy and sell items on the bazaar.

Members of the Circle of Fortune can get prophecies which are like guaranteed item drops (go kill a particular boss for a drop of 4 sets of unique boots, for example).

There is no item trading interface like in Diablo 2. All trading takes place on the bazaar.

Unlike D2, the main way to upgrade your power is via crafting.

• Your first goal is to figure out which affixes you want on your gear.

For Glacier Sorcerer itā€™s commonly +Skill levels, Intelligence, Spell Damage, Crit Chance, Crit Multiplier, but donā€™t forget defenses like Resistances, Health, Armor.

• Then you find a good ā€œbaseā€, an item with two or more of the affixes you want to have.

You can buy them from vendors, drop them in echoes, from the chest reward after completing each echo and from other sources too (Gamble, Dungeons, Bazaar, Prophecies, ā€¦).

• Finally, you craft that ā€œbaseā€ item, trying to add or change the affixes to those you want, and upgrading them to as high tier as you can. The ideal resulting yellow item will be a ā€œT20ā€, which means a yellow item with 4 affixes that you want, with all four affixes at Tier 5. 4 affixes times Tier 5 makes a ā€œTier 20ā€ item.

Later on you can double down with making T21 items with T1 sealed affixes, T25 with sealed experimental affixes, and go even higher than that with exalted items.

About uniquesā€¦most unique items you find during the campaign will be low level uniques, which are usually only useful for a while, or only for select builds. Monoliths and Dungeons is where the good stuff starts to appear.

• To start off, Monolith and Dungeon bosses drop specific loot.

For example, Twisted Heart of Uhkeiros is commonly used on Sorcerers that cast a lot. This item drops from the endboss of Reign of Dragons Timeline. Itā€™s a rare drop, but you can repeatedly run that monolith over and over until you get lucky.

• If the uniques are better than a T20 rare item, you should farm for them.

I would recommend to clear normal monoliths until you reach the end and unlock Empowered Monoliths. Then start target farming uniques you want in the Empowered Monoliths.

In case of Dungeons, dungeon Tier also matters, as certain boss-specific unique items can only drop from a higher tier of the dungeon.

• Finally, for unique items that arenā€™t boss-specific, monoliths will have echoes with unique item as a reward. Each monolith contains specific type of item - you can see this in-game. Someone also made this handy infographic:

Most of the icons are self-explanatore, but some hide more than one item type - for example, The Stolen Lance monolith will spawn echoes (maps) that give the reward: Unique Wand/Catalyst or Unique Staff/Scepter.

I also play a Sorcerer (not Glacier though), and personally Iā€™m only using 2 unique items and sticking to rare and exalted items for the rest :slight_smile:

The ā€œGiftingā€ button shown in your inventory is also trading interface, you can technically trade without the bazaar, but if the player you wanna trade with doesnā€™t play with you regularly, this Resonance thing requirement will be a bit annoying.

1 Like