Need some help and encouragement

Hey Travellers! First of all. When I previously wrote to this forum I had problems with crashing of the LE and it was due old power source of my computer. I bought new one. Excatly the same kind of Chieftech and since then it has been a smooth sailing. No crasher at all :slight_smile:

Now. The problem. I have been playing for a long time and tried literally all the builds Rimed Gaming, Action RPG and ofc. mighty Boardman21 has introducted to us all. Those are great but it is just me and my behaviour. Everytime I play APRG’s like this, I tend to do like 541 different characters and the dont know which one of them to play. I get bored easily

ATM. I have 36 chars from all the possible classes. Problem is that only 3 of them are over 60lvl. Now guys I need encouragement to keep doing something that has a future - I mean a meaningful character. I wish some recomedations from you fellow travellers. Recetly I tried 2h BD channeled flurry with Dreamthorn. Actually it was pretty fun :slight_smile: A little bit of def to BD and cool dps for a lowlvl char. My main goal was Boardman’s Shadow Cascade -build for 0.8.3E

Then BAM! I got bored. I tried my VK and do some lowlvl monolith runs. Got bored. Eye of Orexia dropped and I though - hey why not use this to my something-something lvl40 mage which has few points in Volcanic Orb. I was fun and clearspeed was good. I logged out in like 10mins :confused:

This has happened before. Like D3, Wolcen and Grim Dawn. How do I keep my interest up and keep progression up? I love this game. Actually much more than those I mentioned before

If I were you, I would set myself a new goal.
It looks like you want to test several builds first to see what is possible which is a good approach imo to start with a new arpg. Take it as your goal to beat all timelines on empowered difficulty for example or try to beat arena wave 50, 100, etc. The best thing to do this is to use the build you enjoyed the most before or fits your playstyle.

You said your highest chars are only lvl 60, so you haven’t seen alot of the game yet, especially endgame content. This should be your next approach and you might have more fun seeing new stuff rather than testing builds. Maybe follow a buildguide that is known to be very strong. After that, compare it to a different build YOU created and think about what you did wrong while creating your build…things like that.

Set simple and achievable goals.
Next char, you goal will be to finish two timelines. So compaign, then in monolithe for the first timeline, then the second. Don’t stop this char before that and don’t play another char till then.
The char after, set the goal to Lagon. Then to the Emperor. Then set the goal to unlock empowered timelines.

For me, the goal of beating timeline bosses just felt daunting. As ridiculous as it is, making the goal of filling blessing slots seemed far less intimidating. For me the motivation came from hating to see the empty slots where blessings.

I’m an odd one, I’m sure, but it has helped keep me rolling.

1 Like

For me the fun starts with the empowered timelines. This is when the mono rewards begin to become a lot better. More random drops, more exalted echo rewards and so on.

The way to play empowered timelines is a bit not so exciting for me anymore.

But what keeps my enjoyment alive is experimenting with my build. I know some of the meta builds or at least I know the mechanics they mainly revolve around. But I never followed any guide in LE. So I don’t know exactly if I’m building my chars the best way possible.

This would be my suggestion for you. If you don’t come up with your own build, whatch a guide and learn the key mechanics. But then build your character alone without following the guide step by step. Distribute your passives the way you want. Read the nodes text and make up your mind.

This might result in a much better connection to your character as it is not a carbon copy of something somebody else created. It’s your own. Maybe you end up very similar compared to the guide. But maybe not. Maybe you discover skill interactions that are fun but that were not in the build guide.

I have some favourite skills and I try hard to get them into my builds, even if they don’t fit exactly. Other skills I don’t like, I skip, even if they have stronger synergies. But I rather play skills that are less powerful, but fun than the other way round.

You can so this also without beginning from scratch. Take a character and swap some skills. Build a character that fits your fantasy of a specific playstyle.

But if you have had the exact same problem with any other game before, too, I don’t know if some suggestions from others can help.

Why do you want to play your characters more, when you don’t want to play them more? If going to 60 and quit with that character is fun for you, that’s fine. You define what is fun for you. How can others provide the incentive for you to go on?

1 Like

Could help:

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate LE’s community. Really, really good ppl here :slight_smile:

Actually RawSuicide has same kind of ideas which I game up now that I took 2d break from the game. When I played PoE, I first followed all the build instructions to the bone and then didnt like it that much, but time after I started up pay more attention to game mechanics, which I like, I could start planning my own build - first based on some other players build and eventually whole build of my own

This is something I need to do with my next LE char. Use planner, think carefully which skills looks good and how synergize those with passives and so on. Then like Shtrak and Thaelyn said I will set my goal to actually finnish something. I know it will be rewarding and I also know that I will enjoy it that I finnished, like first 2 timelines, and didnt quit and make new char. I am just impatient actually. I need all goodies now and not after using my time to get them :smiley: Sounds stupid, but what can I do :yum:

Thanks again guys and good travels :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.