Need more sources of "Summoning Speed" and "Summoning Cost Reduction"

Absolutely loving the minion playstyle, and settled on Summon Volatile Zombie as my “right click” option. It plays great, and it has its own “Summoning Speed” available in it’s tree, but it was here that I realized there is no other way to speed up summoning Volatile Zombies. Cast speed doesn’t work because minion summoning isn’t a spell (and -spell cost doesn’t work), attack speed doesn’t work (obvious), and nothing else is available.

Summon Volatile Zombie and Wraith play like a minion tagged homing projectile spells, they are fun to treat as a lazy right-click build. I would like to see the increased Summoning Speed and Summoning Cost Reduction as additional ways of scaling.

In the way of gear - the unique 2h staff “Aberrant Call” gives the ability to have significantly more Wraiths, but outside of multi-summon skill points, there is no way to reliably generate more wraiths in the same amount of time. These new stats would need some tuning is basically what this boils down to.

As far as WHERE these stats would live… my first thought is idols. Affixes on specific gear slots could also be lovely or specific white item bases if the stats are deemed “to strong” to be freely available.

Edit in: Cleaned up spell names / tossed in some additional context.

3 Likes

Hey there!
You are raising a very interesting point. There are currently very few minion stats in the game. Ok, there’s minion health, damage, dodge and some cool things on class specific armour/idols. But most of it is just passive.

Like you suggested with -mana on summoning skills and summoning speed, I’d love to have stats that affect the active gameplay.

• Minions have increased chance to stun cursed enemies
  • +Crit Multi per stack (or 10 stacks) of poison
  • Increased poison chance per missing % hp

Imho, Summoner in LE is a lot of fun (I’m mainly talking about Necro here), but it lacks a bit of variety compared to other Masteries.

3 Likes

Thanks Raw, all very cool ideas as well. I believe a lot of people play minions purely passively, but like yourself, I would like some stats aimed at the “active” portion of the play - especially anything that can apply to multiple minion spells at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah. I like the de-/buffing playstyle from d2. It’s kind of there with binw course and dread dread shade/infernal shade.

But somehow it feels like theres still something missing. So maybe some mechanics that synergize with non minion skills would be nice.

Apply ailment X to get effect Y for your minions. This could make Hungering Souls a support skill for minions.

And I’m not always thinking of more damage but maybe some utility effects like freeze, slow, root, blind, whatever.

Or something different:
When we already have maximum amount of a minion, resummoning a new would not only despawn the oldest minion, but also grand an additional effect. Theres some stuff in the Necro passives… but that’s too passive. Nothing that really has a noticable effect.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.