Need help with a multistrike+simte+healing hands build idea

Made something like this Paladin, level 100 (Release / 1.0.1) - Last Epoch Build Planner
But i have 0 ideas how to plan build and will this weird skill interaction work. Main thing i wanted to try trigger smite trough multistrike and smite trigger healing hands. Also thought about doing vk for additional smites with echo but there too much different scaling involved. Will this idea have way to work?

Make a build that casts smite directyl and feceroll the game and be 10x as effective then with you did there ^^.

I am not expert and hopefully someone else can tell you more but:

• Hallowed Arsenal (major node) in Multistrike Tree casts Smite
  • Cleric’s Hammer (minor node) in Healing Hands Tree casts Healing Hands whenever you directly attack

There are also idols that proc smite on condition but I think those where limited to throwing attacks. (not sure, check the database for that)

1 Like

vk variant idea Void Knight, level 100 (Release / 1.0.1) - Last Epoch Build Planner

already have vk autobomber but wanted to try something similar yet diffirent

Divine Bolt on 0 cost skill idols (and the divine bolt on melee hit passive in Paladin) are an option if you really want to use all the procs. And with one point in Divine Catalyst for HH it even does some damage on a spell-focused setup.

Triggering Healing Hands is easier done in your build w/ melee hit (Multistrike). So far as Multistrike also casting Smite, I’m not sure that it will cast Smite on single targets, since Multistrike Swords (replaced by Smite in this case) target other nearby enemies (not the main target). Still, having the smite on there makes clear way better and gives you healing in packs and for clear (unless you go VK, then it just deals a poop-load of damage, also good).

So far as “planning” goes, just… do it. Part of the beauty of Last Epoch is you can very easily play a build into early monoliths, without super good gear, and still be able to test these sorts of whacky builds out effectively. And if it works out, you just get the gear to make it better.

Seems like a solid foundation for a build Reen’s are good swords, you are specced melee-ignite on tree and flat crit rate on Multistrike so you’ll be able to make effective use of both. I’d go paladin for sure over VK for that reason especially since the healing effectiveness from Paladin with Cast-on-Hit Healing Hands will keep you topped off all of the time, making you nearly unkillable to all but one-shots.

If he picks up one aurelius sword he is fine but running two reens might ruin his multistrike day ^^.

1 Like

maybe something like this Void Knight, level 100 (Release / 1.0.1) - Last Epoch Build Planner
multistrike to trigger healing hands, aurelis and javelin to trigger smite and chronostasis to convert the bugged ward gain back to damage for multistrike

Just a note- for smite to trigger healing hands, it needs to be directly cast. In this case, smite triggered off of multistrike won’t proc healing hands. Multistrike itself is more than capable of triggering healing hands though, as you can just go the melee hit route.

I tried goofing around with multistrike/HH/smite for a bit and you get ridiculous amount of clear, but your single target damage is awful. This is because your smite can only proc on targets not hit by the original multistrike attack- if you want smite to proc you have to face away from the the boss and attack air, then smite will proc. But then you wont get HH procs. It’s all very awkward.

Yeah figured it out, multistrike should proc at least 1 additional sword(smite) to main target, otherwise this skill is totally useless.

Yeah it’s really close to being a decent skill. Just needs a couple tweaks.

This was something people wish for for a long time. Instead we got Aurelius because it was to strong to put it into the tree or whatnot. I can’t remember it correctly but they never want MS to procc on single targets.