Need advice on item

got this weapon and I need your advice please how to slam this thing in the best way and in what build can it be used. Thanks

This may come as a surprise, but it can be used in Smite builds :rofl:

As for the general ways to slam this…

1. For a primarily Melee build that focuses on Fire damage, you want:
  • %increased Fire damage
  • +flat Melee Fire Damage
  • Fire Penetration & Minion Fire Penetration
  • Chance to Shred Armor on Hit
  1. For a build that primarily deals damage with Smite (caster build, or melee build that focuses on spells), you want:
  • %increased Fire damage
  • +Spell Damage
  • Chance to Shred Armor on Hit
  1. For a damage over time build (Ignite build), instead you want:
  • %increased Fire damage
  • %increased Damage Over Time
  • Chance to Ignite on Hit

However, there are too many variations to list them all. For example:

• Your Smite might be converted to Lightning or Void, so you would use Lightning or Void bonuses instead of Fire bonuses respectively.
  • You might want to stack Melee Attack Speed, usually on dual wield builds.
  • Your build might be lacking sources of Crit, so one of the affixes could be swapped for +flat Melee Crit Chance, or for %increased spell Crit Chance.
  • Or you already have huge % increased Fire damage bonus, and instead you need a source of % Crit Multiplier.

There’s a ton of variables, and their individual value changes from build to build, so there’s no single formula :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thanks . I planned to make a void Smite casting version. But how to proc smite? Warpath, Cleave with Aberroth’s Command sceptre, Multistrike?

as for the exalted sword I have one with t6 % Crit Chance / t6 Flat Spell dmg. Would it be good?