Need advice on a new mouse

My Razer Naga mouse is finally dieing (the scroll button isn’t “pressing” anymore) after many, many years & I’m not sure what to get as a replacement. I definitely want a numeric keypad on the side as I’m used to it now & while the Naga is a bit on the small side, I’m now used to that. I’m inclined to just get a new Razer Naga…

Any suggestions? Also, not a very expensive one…

I’m using a Logitech G502 HERO for a relatively long time. It fits comfortably in my hand. Although it doesn’t have the numeric thumb keys the Naga has. But it’s a great mouse.

i mostly enjoyed my zowie, that unfortunately died a few days ago. most of zowie-mice get configured through buttoncombinations on the mouse, so no need for just another bloatware…

edit: nvm zowie don’t put numpads on their mice

I had a Naga for about as long as I can remember. Well, actually I went through 2 of them over the course of about 18 years. Originally bought it for WoW and other MMO’s that had 12 or more skills to cycle through. I’m so used to the num-pad on the side at this point it’s impossible to think of getting anything else.

When my last Naga died I actually decided to try something new, and ended up getting the Red Dragon gaming mouse. I actually ended up liking it a lot more, because its bigger and fits in my hand more comfortably (I’m 6’4" and my hands are kind of like big paws, so the tiny mice really feel awkward to me) than my naga did before.

https://www.redragonzone.com/collections/mice/products/redragon-m908-rgb-gaming-mouse

That’s the one I got, picked it up off Amazon, can’t remember for how much but it was definitely less than the Naga was.

Naga Pro from Razer. The new upgraded one is great, I have had them all.

https://www.razer.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-pro/RZ01-03420100-R3U1

Here you are (best mouse-videos here):

or maybe here:

personally i like those most:

i’ve got the same model as @XLVI_carpo, the logitech g502 hero, and can confirm it’s a very solid gaming mouse. although it doesn’t have the multi-button side panel, they do have a model which does. since i haven’t played with that model i can’t fully endorse it, but i’m very satisfied with the overall quality of the one i have, so i’d give it the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I think I might take a punt on the Redragon M908, since it’s less than half the price of the Razor Naga (£80!!!).

Take a look at the Logitech G600, it’s very similar to the suggestion you’re looking at but you can double the buttons with another click very easily, each game I play I manage to seamlessly move the entire keyboard to my mouse and the buttons are shaped/grooved individually so you don’t mix them up

I will second this. I absolutely love my Logitech G502. Comfortable fit and has enough buttons for LE.

This led me on a path to discovering Zygen NP-01, from the og engineers of zowie. As my middle mouse button is dying on my original FK1, this will be a great upgrade!

Tell us how you like it. I’m intrested in buying one of these as well but my Sharkoon mouse is kind of indestructable ^^.

Yeah, it’s supposed to come on Saturday but I’m hoping that Amazon will do their soulless corporate best & get it to me today. :slight_smile:

https://www.lioncast.com/en/product/lm30-gaming-mouse/

I had to replace the legendary Logitech G MX518 after 7 years of use and nothing I touched came close. No Corsair, no Razor, no Logitech anymore. Till I found this german brand Lioncast. I tell you, and I am seldomly serious about something but I am about this mouse. I will always have 3 of them at my place in case one breaks or they stop producing them.

It has, in my personal opinion, the perfect button-press-resistance so it doesn’t feel cheap or clunky, lagom!

Programmable buttons etc pp. Shiny lights…who cares. But it feels awesome and never let me down. I really, REALLY recommend trying it. I’d go so far to say if you try it and don’t like it, I buy it from you. Can never have enough of these mice.

E: Just read you already ordered one. I was in the hospital 4 days and shit goes down here. Ts ts.

1 Like

It’s (Redragon M908) arrived & it does feel comfortingly larger, though also more plastic-y than the Naga did.

How clicky do the sidebuttons feel? It’s a 1:1 from the looks as the LC LM30.

Larger than the ones on the Naga, which is probably reasonable since the mouse as a whole is scaled up.

I’m more specific and give an example. When I tested a Corsair mouse with sidebuttons, one could hardly rest the thumb NEAR the buttons without triggering them. The LM30 side buttons have some resistance and a tiny ‘click’ when you activate them. --> The Redragon M908 aswell?

Ah, yeah, they do need a definite press to “trigger” them.

There alot to choose from… I had a nice gaming mouse but my dog ate it when they were puppy’s. Anything logitech is legit