Necromancer Updates coming in Patch 0.8.3

Ooooooo boy… fire necro changing again!

Sounds good, especially that tail slam!

I am a sad panda, looks like my 60ish minion necro build (49 wraiths) is going bye bye.

Difficult for me to see what this will do to my two Necros.
Very interesting moves, though! I’m not sure I personaly like it, but that will be a very good patch for the Necromancer. :slight_smile:

So will BM companions power be increased as well or do they operate different for some reason?

It’s the same on all classes.

The minion power change should affect Primalist minions.

Loving the changes so far, even though a bit confused about the whole necro->poison conversion on dread shade. Necro doesnt have any poison minions aside from putrid wraiths and uhh vomiting zombies? Also no poison bonuses on the tree so not sure who would use it. Also loving that 3 skele limit on Abomination node: archmage skele might see the light of day finally. Cant help but feel that increasing that limit to 5 would synergize even better with Archmage + Dread Phalanx. Or maybe changing Dread Phalanx node to give more boosts but reduce the number of skeletons to 2? Just throwing ideas around.

It converts to poison chance

It says right there: “Increased necrotic damage-> Increased poison damage”… In other words, it now increases poison dmg by 50% and all added necrotic dmg becomes increased poison chance… Wierd node considering theres nothing else that would scale poison dmg but i guess you can stack as many minions as possible to get as many poison stacks as possible but idk if that would be a viable build, especially since Lich does much better job at stacking poisons with all the bonuses to poison potency and duration you can get on her tree.

You want to increase poison damage?
→ Here you go:

Summon Skeletton → Acid Flask
Summon Skeletal Mage → Putrid Essence
Summon Volatile Zombie → quite a lot, as described
Summon Wraith → quite a lot, as described
Passive → Dominion of Rot
Passive → Rotting Army
Passive → Desolation
Passive → Risen Army (overall damage)
Passive → Blood Aura
Items → altogether a lot available

…I’ll stop here before you intimidate Boardman21 further [laughs] :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
→ Good night everyone.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

1 Like

Well what i meant by the poison chance is that your minions will now poison on hit and have increased poison damage so it does more damage and this will now be possible on every minion but as stated above there are ways of synergizing it

Perhaps i should’ve been more specific as well: im aware that there are ways to make your minions apply poison but unlike Lich, Necro doesnt have any ways to increase duration, penetration or poison potency, so while your minions can apply poison, it will be very “basic” poison and i dont if that is strong enough for end-game build. This new dreadshade node does have 50% increased poison dmg but idk if “increased” is good enough. If that was “more”… But then that might be too strong? Will have to wait and see i suppose.

you do realise, that all listed is chance to poison, not poison dmg, right?

Remember, that 100% chance to poison means 1 stack applied, 200% chance = 2 stacks applied, 300% chance = 3 stacks applied. Each 100% “chance” is a more multiplier.

Yes, and by that same logic, any bonus that makes poison deal more dmg, aka poison pen, poison duration or straight up poison potency, gets applied to every single stack, which is why poison Lich is so strong (well, one of the reasons at least) but Necro doesnt have any of this, and only way for necro to scale poison is apply more poison stacks. And that hits diminishing returns very quickly: when you apply 100 stacks/sec and then increase it to 110 stack/sec, its not nearly as strong as making every stack last 56% longer…

Intriguing- looking forward to the changes.

The Dread Shade and Wraith changes look exciting. I look forward to (hopefully) no longer feeling like Dread Shade is mandatory. How will Twin Spirits and Covenant of Souls interact with each other?

I have some concerns about Abomb still but I’ll wait and see how it all looks together before I spout off about it.

I think this change was made with all items released in 0.8.3 in mind, as the newly leaked “Lethal Concentration” looks like it could solve some of this problem. Use that weapon and put some passives in Lich so your minions benefit from the poison damage you get.

So that is a nerf for ice skeleton / mages build?