My take thus far

Hi EHG,

I just started Beta a couple of days ago and so far I am enjoying the game, definately alot different than what I am used to playing other ARPGs.

I like the active skill tree system along with the passive skill tree for the class/masteries.

However there are quite alot of things I have picked up that would require some work although you may have already thought about these.

Firstly, the game needs some better optimisation, it feels like the game runs at 30fps constant rather than 60. I am able to play games like PoE and Grim Dawn and D3 at constant 60fps but I can’t seem to get Last Epoch to run any quicker than 30 even at lower settings.

Second, I do hope the animations and characters models improve before final release as they do feel quite stiff and not very stylised.

Third, this is probably obvious but voice acting is needed badly in this game as I can’t really immerse myself in the game without it.

Another factor is that in settings I have set it so that any melee attack will automatically move my character into range, however my character does not do this half of the time and just stands still and swings air. Also sometimes my character will be on top of an enemy and our attacks won’t hit each other so maybe it might be an idea to have some collision in there to prevent this problem.

Sometimes my character will be stuck on a corner when I move my mouse suddenly around a corner so my character won’t autopath around it which I feel should happen.

Another issue I think although this may just be my RNG, is that I have been using this yellow rarity sword for a long time since level 5 and I have not seen any item that is an obvious upgrade to it. I have seen some users describe having to break down an item to get its component to then craft a stronger item although I’m not sure how to do this and is not explained anywhere.

Another thing I’ve picked up, is that I have ascended to the spellblade mastery and using the Flame Reave skill, but the damage is so weak compared to my mana strike which I’ve used previously although the skill is at level 7 while Flame Reave is 1 but am I wrong to assume that the mastery skill should clearly be an upgrade?

At the moment the above is everything that I have picked up in terms of feedback. But on the whole, I am glad I have picked up this game in beta, definately something I can see myself playing in the future once this project reaches completion.

Another issue I think although this may just be my RNG, is that I have been using this yellow rarity sword for a long time since level 5 and I have not seen any item that is an obvious upgrade to it. I have seen some users describe having to break down an item to get its component to then craft a stronger item although I’m not sure how to do this and is not explained anywhere.

I got significant upgrades at around level 70s. And they were by no means better than possible crafts that I could have used. Seems like crafting is quite important through out all levels. So here is how it works: When you shatter an item, you get random amount of shards, minimum being 1 and maximum being total tiers of mods. The shards you get depends on the mods of the items. So for example if you want to get a void damage shard, you need to shatter items with that mod. Shattering single mod items with desired mod is probably most guarenteed way to get the shard of that mod. However considering that amount of shards depend on total tier, you may wanna shatter items with desired mod and some other nice high tier mods to get best out of shattering.

At first you can go with a nice white base and craft desired mods. Later on you may wanna hunt for blue items with one or two of the desired mods already on it so you can add more mods before risking the fracturing too much.

2 Likes

Hi @DanzoDattori

Thanks for the feedback! To quickly go over some of your points;

We absolutely agree with you here.

Last Epoch entered beta less than a week ago, and the optimization is as much of a work in progress as other aspects of the game. You can expect continual improvements here.

We are continually improving animations - we include new ones in almost every patch.

Voice acting is planned, however is usually one of the last things implemented in a game.

The most cost-effective option is to wait until all dialogue is considered final and we are reasonably confident that there will be no large changes to even an individual quest prior to paying a voice actor for a day’s work. Making changes later can be quite expensive.

If you come across bugs please do report them and provide as much information as possible.

While we want skills obtained through class masteries to be iconic and impactful abilities, they are not intended to be objectively more powerful. We want all skills to be on an even footing so that people don’t feel bad about playing their favourite skill, and the game has as many viable builds as possible. We know we aren’t there yet - but we’ll keeping working on it.

I can definitely understand that it may feel bad to be excited about getting access to a mastery class, only for the skills to initially be weaker than what you’re currently using. I don’t have anything concrete to offer at the moment, but I’ll discuss this with the team.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.