My problem with the void knight

Yeah Lich along with Rogue/BM are arguably the strongest classes right now

1 Like

+to erasing strike it’s also a benefit that it costs so much because you can spec into the FG tree and grab that"3%per mana spent" node with 6 points(and grabbing the added flat phys on the way up). Forge strike gets up to like 140 mana if you max it. That’s +400% to already one of the heaviest hitting attacks, and that multiplier even applies to the death beams it spawns(haven’t tested this actually since the build is in stasis waiting on a VR patch, but if it doesn’t it should be an error since the node states in no uncertain terms that everything spawned by the melee attack is also boosted). You one shot everything(which also instantly cools down VR in a crowd)

Although I do have to say VR is pretty important to making it a stable build rather than a support on a rive build. It kinda just naturally pairs with it. Which does make it a shame that VR is currently too busted to use on HC x.x.

This game seems to have a decent ability to focus on one particular ability as a main, and make it work(ignoring bugs). It’s quite diverse.

What is HC? Sorry if the question is stupid.
I am French, so it is difficult for me to understand the reduction …

Hardcore. If VR screws up and dumps your health/mana in regular it’s all good. If it does it in HC you may end up making the char a ghost. When I discovered the glitch I made it out with 40hp(out of 900)

In fact if you don’t mind dying VR is kinda busted in a positive way now. It’s overwhelmingly likely to just get maxed health/mana on use.

I already suggested "FG’s “Crushing Blows” Passive in one of my posts here.

Although you actually can’t bring it to 140, but 96 mana cost, which still is alot in conjunction with that passive.

Even though VR can be a bit wonky sometimes it’s stil lvery useable.
But i say it again: It is not mandatory for any kind of mana heavy build.

There are severla other ways of managing your mana for sentinel.

Hardcore: Permadeath on 0hp.

In LE the character is still availible in the normal mode.

Ok thank you all, yes I should have guessed, I completely forgot about Hardcore, not being a player in this mode.

Nah for 99% of its uses I would say VR is just useless on HC right now. There are options that don’t have the inherent risk of suddenly lowering your mana/hp. On hardcore I consider anything that can randomly kill you while you are swarmed unusable by definition.

You know unless you take the cooldown nodes that negate the health/mana stuff… But once you do that there are better skill options that don’t harm your damage/survival.

Also you sure you can’t break 96? If you take all those ray burst nodes and the other increases I feel like I’m almost positive you can break 100 at least o_0

Yeah just looked again. 140% possible increase with 60 base cost. That’s an 84 mana cost increase so 144 total cost.

Sorry I barely saw the message.

Then I think my message was misunderstood, the language doesn’t help, and I tried a bit of humor … Not a good idea.
I don’t regret anything, but I probably expressed myself badly, or I had a hard time expressing what I think of the fate. He has these strong points (destroy mob pack) and weak points (his mana hit, and bosses), now the main topic for me was especially the fact that this attack is the only one of the VK. And that it is impossible to totally convert other attacks like rive or vengeance which would help the VK enormously, and facilitate building and understanding. And above all would allow the character to be coherent and allow to fully exploit the% Void in the talent tree.

Oh yes, i forgot about both the Void Beam Nodes, which can theoretically make ES even more expensive.
But taking all of those nodes at ones is not really synergistic.

But only going for hit dmg, you can increase the cost by 50% via the “ObliteratioN” Node and another 10% from the VK “Avatar Of Regret” Passive

I get your feedback about the conversions for other skills.

And i agree, that this would be cool, but Rive already has very cool Void Nodes.

The only thing i disagree with, is that ES is too expensive or weak agaisnt bosses.

Not entirely. If you equip an Exsanguinous/Last Steps/etc & an item that prevents you from regening hp (Titan Heart, Xithara’s Conundrum) you end up with fractional hp that rounds down to 0.

Just saying.

This after is a rather personal opinion, its mana blow can indeed be a strong point with the passive of the FG, I admit not having thought of it.

Regarding the bosses I have always had trouble against, it works but it’s a bit long, it remains much less efficient than spells with high attack speed.

Actually taking all those nodes at once is a pretty huge synergy imho. Those void beams should also get the 400+% boost. That’s a LOT of area damage to throw around. I planned on using him as my arena farm, devouring orb, lunge, erase-erase, VR and repeat. Some of the most savage area clears I’ve ever seen even before I maxed the cost. But again it all goes down hill quite fast when VR just puts you in negative hp while you were testing using Whirlwind instead of Rive. Turns out having no 0mp skills when your mana restoration skill suddenly decides you have -40 mana isn’t too great TT_TT

You can use those nodes together for some decent hybrid build.

I did this on a hybrid melee/spell caster using a staff.

But the beams scales very badly if you don’t have adaptive spell dmg.

Ye I was using a spellblade sword.

Yeah. But 0.00001 hp still is not exactly 0.

Just saying.

My theory on how to make it work is eventually taking the VR tree that negates the health loss. With the cooldown reduction being only a few seconds it should be much more spammable against bosses. Haven’t got to test if it works yet tho.

Tho for now having it as an extra burst on a rive build is probably more sustainable.

Although I also suppose you could max out mana regen and use rebuke. But idk how viable that is tbh and doesn’t seem too fun.

Now the real question is how do we get it back to the devs?

Nobody has in these papers the number of a developer? (humor)

I can asure you, the devs are reading all of this.

Of course with the growing size of the communtiy and the amount of feedback and threads coming up it is hard for them to keep up.

But i am very confident, that they read as much as humanly possible on the forums.
They just rarely get involved in actualy discussions, because dev posts can focus a discussion too much on specific points.