My Lich build - does it make a sense?

I’m not saying they shouldn’t allow it, just that I didn’t expect them to because most other devs wouldn’t have. I think it’s nice that they aren’t dicking a clever interaction just for the sake of it.

1 Like

Have you thought about changing marrow shards to soul feast? Naturally gives ward. and then you can go with necrotic damage. Then you wont have to worry about the regen, but you may have mana issues. Also thinking about maybe rip blood because you can turn that necrotic and gain ward. May play around with it once I level.

There is no need to change Marrow Shards to something other, as it works exceptionally well there, and the cost is negligible. I was thinking to include Soul Feast as ward generator, but abandoned it due to inconvenient usage - Spirit Plague works a lot better at this task. Same for Wandering Spirits, autocasting them is very convenient.

About Rip Blood I was using it in my leveling build, indeed it is good - I could spec Transplant to cast it on teleport use. But there is no place for 6th skill.

Rip Blood is good though, the mana cost is minimal (especially with a wand/staff) & can be spec’d to hit mobs twice in a much larger AoE than Marrow Shards.

Also, Soul Barrier isn’t going to be giving you any benefits since you’ll always be under 50% so you can free up those 15 passives. Personally I’d take the 5 points in the Reaper passive for spell-based cull rather than cull a slightly higher cull on Transplant & then change Transplant to get more explosions. I’d also take Soul Maw for more % damage. You could then put points in Stolen Vitality/Bed of Souls for more hp, Necrotic Energy for more flat damage or Wands of the Fallen for more % increased damage. I’d also probably change the wand to a Profane Wand for higher flat damage & some % curse damage since your Bone Curse is probably not a trivial amount of your total damage, I’d also want to get chill chance on it. You’ll also want to get your crit avoidance capped.

Yea I got to about 40 last night and I was playing around with Marrow Shards and it felt pretty good since its pulling your health down which gives you more ward due to your items. Was just trying to think of ways to make your damage a little more consistent from a gearing perspective. Maximize the damage you are getting from all sources.

It is very good skill indeed, however I’d like to have a damage dealer which does not use mana, is a physical spell so it uses physical spell-related affixes on gear and idols, and also which generates multiple hits, therefore multiple Bone Curse triggers, per cast. Marrow Shards which explodes into bunch of Bone Splinters, and has chance to be double cast fits that role perfectly. Rip Bood can hit an enemy 3 times at most - initial hit + 2x Blood Splatter.

Yesterday I’ve made a test, and this passive does work for low-life build; it constantly triggered over and over. However, as it turned out that 90 ward each 6s didn’t make a big difference, so I’ve put points elsewhere.

So far culling provided by Bone Curse is good enough, I see no point to invest in that node.

Anyway, thanks to previous hints about life regen is not needed at all I managed to improve my design; it’s very similar to what you’ve proposed Llama8
https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/NoXzXqbQ

Rip Blood only ever hits twice. The initial target gets hit by the (single target Rip Blood plus one of the Blood Splatters while everything else gets hit by the 2 Blood Splatters).

That sounds like a bug, unless you’re constantly going over/under the threshold.

Since you mentioned you’re not sure what to do with Transplant, one thing you might consider (that I think is fun), is picking up Dance of Blood and replacing one of your other skills with Rip Blood. There are a few of things that you could do from there that are potentially beneficial for your build.

1. Getting Eviscerate and Splatter would give you extra AOE hits for Bone Curse and help turn Transplant into a burst damage ability. You did mention this, but using Blood Dance (3 casts at a time instead of 1) you’d be potentially doing a bunch of overlapping hits if you use Transfusion right.
  2. Pick up Hematology and Arcane Fortress and use it to top off/pump up Ward. This would take away the Physical damage you want, but you wouldn’t be using Rip Blood for its direct damage at that point anyway.
  3. Alternately, go down to Blood Catalyst so you aren’t screwing around with your Ward regen by healing yourself.

Whether or not any of that would be better than what you’re doing now, I don’t know, but it’s worth considering and/or playing around with IMO.

1 Like

As long as you know that gear isn’t even slightly plausible, so you’ll need to remove at least 1 point from Marrow Shards & Spirit Plague.

Only if there are 3 separate targets. But yes, that & up to 7 detonations (Depravity, Black Mirror) do make for a good nuke.

What exactly is not possible?

It’s extremely unlikely that you’re going to find items with two T7 affixes that you want, let alone being on a weapon and catalyst, and the same bases, that you want. And the chance that you’re ever going to see even a single item drop with any arrangement of three T7 affixes is so close to “never” that it may as well be completely dismissed.

Don’t make plans based on the idea that you’re going to get the theoretically best possible gear. It works in other games, but not in this one.

2 Likes

Having all 4 affixes be t7? Sealing t4 affixes is also improbable rather than impossible. Its fine for the legendaries if the affixes represent what you’d like to see, but you’re unlikely to get a 4lp unique.

I’ve managed to seal t4 affixes already, so it’s doable.
About 4 legendary potential uniques…well the build presented is just a draft, gonna take what I’ll find.

T4 seals. Yip, its possible just unlikely enough not to bank on it. I have a few, but as luck would have it, invariably its when you dont care too much if it seals or not that you get the T4. :crazy_face: and then the sweat sets in to use the last few FP to make it a really good item.

imho, i wouldnt bank on more than 1lp (maybe 2lp) legendaries - even thats not likely but depends on the particular unique (they all have different lp chances). More than 2lp is likely gonna be on a less op unique that will probably not be build defining anyway.

just managing expectations. the build planner can be a little starry eyed sometimes… Might suggest that @Dammitt adds a special feature that estimates how likely it would be to roll the gear in the planner… Sort of a “are you mad or just lucky” scale. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a bit hard for me to see the actual purpose of this thread.

You asked for feedback and got plenty. But yet you respond to every post like “don’t care what you say, I know it better”.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think you should just brainlessly take every post literally and implemented it into your build. But when you ask for feedback you should think about it, whether it is valid for you or not. Currently it looks like you are kind of offended by responses that criticize your build. It’s not meant that way.

Well, look at the build draft from the 1st post, then the one posted here - do you still claim I’m deaf to feedback?

1 Like

Yeah, your right. My apologies. It’s just the way I read your last few posts. I maybe misinterpret the tone (since it’s hard to hear the tone on written words).

Sorry. :v:

1 Like

I’m trying to locate the names you’ve mentioned, but I can’t. Where are these, exactly?

No problem mate. You, and others just try to help, and I’m grateful even if I don’t follow all the hints and advices.

Btw, I wonder how Lich’s node Soul Maw works exactly. Is it like, assuming no other life leech sources than Lich itself and Soul Maw, some like this:
Life Leech = (1% + 5%) * 1.25 = 7.5%
or it just increases amount of life leeched during 3s period? @Llama8 could you enlighten me?

Dance of Blood is for Transplant. The rest are for Rip Blood.

1 Like