My impressions after 30 hours played

I’d like to share my impressions after 30 hours of playing LE, beating Lagon and currently in the Black Sun part of the Monolith of Fate. This game has a spark that makes me want to play it over and over again and is clearly a work of love.

I decided to share some feedback:

1. Using a town portal and going back repopulates the map with monsters. That might not be a best idea, especially that the loot left on the ground also disappears. And during the campaign you might be forced to kill the same mobs again. One could say this is a hack’n’slash game, where there’s no such thing as too many monsters, but that’s my 2 cents.

2. Using a town portal in an Echo, reduces your Echo progress by 2 (which is totally unnecessary) and forfeits your current Echo. That should too be reworked in my opinion, especially that there are A LOT of nice items dropping in Echoes and it’s a waste to not be able to pick them all and be forced to choose which ones to keep.

3. The Runes of Shattering are an integral part of the crafting system and I think they should be available in bigger quantities and/or cheaper to buy.

4. Lagon. Lagon’s fight is difficult not only because of amount of high damaging abilities he has (which is fine by me). but because he has such a huge hitbox. You see him charging up one of his killer abilities, want to click to move away, but his hitbox is so big you keep attacking him and suffer the damage. The melee classes are especially susceptible to this.

5. It would be good to have more base item types. For instance right now there are only 7 one-handed swords: level req 0, 6, 11, 24, 29, 40, 68. The same thing is with axes, sceptres and others. I think the best thing would be at least one weapon/armor per 10 levels.

6. What drove me to the looter hack’n’slash games in the first place was collecting the uniques/set items. LE needs more of them. Yes, I get that crafting your custom rare or improving exalted is usually the better option, but still, nothing like hearing “CHING”, seeing that amber pillar of light and wondering what new candy with a custom artwork and a bit of lore we just got.

7. It’s more of a cosmetic thing, but can we expect the uniques to have their own models in-game? I really want to see my paladin wearing that Lady Gaga’esque Woven Flesh.

I think that’s all for the time being. Going back to the Echoes, then.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.