My Current Build

So my current build. Forge Guard, level 74 (Release / 1.0.1) - Last Epoch Build Planner

Its a Rive, Forge Hammer, Warpath. (Shield Charge) for movement. Rebuke for mana recharge and defense. Also a Dual wield build atm.

Basically I charge in dealing damage. Use Warpath with Warslash which does the most damage, after a time. High hit point enemies get forge strike and and Rive finished them off.

This build is heavily depended on MELEE damage. My current build is still having trouble trying to find better melee damage weapons. it is also a dual wielding build.

Any Melee build tips would be appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the build currently goes in to many directions with your skill choice. Dumping mana on warpath and forge strike is going to make it hard to sustain either. The way the skills build out they don’t really support the use of both actively. If you build warpath for minions forge strike usually just sits on your bar as a stat stick to buff them. If you use forge strike for minions it is actually detrimental to warpath as you are limiting your forge strike time which means less minion production and uptime.

I would say of the three skills (Rive, Forge Strike, and Warpath) pick two. Then decide of those 2 skills which skill will be the main skill and which will be the support skill. Here are some examples:

1. Rive + Forge Strike: Build Forge strike as the main attack or minion skill and then use Rive to refill your mana

2. Warpath + Forge Strike: Use Warpath to churn out minions and use the Forge Strike skill tree to buff your minions

3. Rive + Warpath: Focus on big warslashes using giant splitter + warrior’s fury node to unleash huge 875% more damage war splashes every 5 seconds and then use Rive to recoup the mana cost in between.

4. Rive+ Forge Strike: Build Rive to be a main attack skill and use the support section of forge strike to give you 100% armor, 15 base damage and 30% fire penetration.

After you free up a skill you can add another utility skill that can greatly boost your damage. If you want to focus mainly on attacking with Rive you could skill into healing hands and go more fire focused. If you wanted to stay physical focused you could use Abyssal Echoes from void knight which can be made to give 25% attack speed and 10% physical penetration every time you cast it ( no downtime). You could also build volatile reversal in many different utility focused ways.

Then you should decide on if you want to go physical or fire and if you want to focus on hit damage or DOT damage. You already have really solid gear for physical damage so I would lean towards that. If you are going crit you are going to need more base% crit chance on your weapons so that when you pick up %increased crit chance it will scale much higher. If you are going non-crit try to get a hold of a unique singularity idol for up to 20% more hit damage. Then focus more on base damage and % increase damage. For weapon suffixes try to get armor shred and physical penetration.

If you are going DOT you’ll need attack speed + increased physical, fire , or damage over time% depending on what you specialize in. Suffixes would be % chance to inflict ailment and penetration.

For legendary weapons to craft I would try for Arek’s Bone and Undisputed for physical hit builds. Taste of blood + a good bleed rare mace for Physical DOT. You could even try a hybrid build with Eye of Reen but that is usually a build around weapon in itself.

Lastly passive wise I would suggest finding some way to fit at least 5 into paladin for 15% elemental resist and 10 into void knight for 40% void and physical resist +80 health. These nodes are super efficient defensively. Going 20 into paladin can net you even more efficient health nodes and 35% necrotic resistance. This will allow you to use less armor suffixes for resistances and get way more health which you’ll need later on.

Overwhelm in the Sentinel tree and Battle Hardened in the Forge Guard tree are also pretty bad nodes. In fact if you trimmed overwhelm battle hardened and steel aegis you have enough enough points freed up to make those initial changes I mentioned.