Multiplayer when?

Your statement is so futile I dont even know where to start. When you have lived a little you learn where are the higher chances to find true opinions.
Generally speaking one would make a decision from somewhere, could be reading “the grey mass” reviews, could be reading sites reviews, could be the marketing from the producers. I choose the former.

when you have a minimal grey matter you can see some patterns and make your own opinion reading others.

Far from being a crowd follower, its a matter of Time& experience.

Time is precious and not all times you will have to try something to discard it. Off course its a risk, you can miss some things that you could find them to be great, but with so many options nowadays (movies, music, games, you simple cant manage to try everything). With Xperience you build your own process and minimize the risk.

It’s been hinted many times that trading will be limited so most likely auction house/trading websites won’t make sense/work at all with the trading system.

1 Like

If they dont add auction then ppl will trade on d2jsp, simple. There is no other option, spamming chat and trying to buy something with thousands of ppl? No thanks.

No I mean … you won’t be able to go to d2jsp and say “yo I need X” because it won’t be possible to trade this way, there will be no open trade.

They said there will be some trade maybe for gold or something. It would be so bad without trade, imagine you found bis item for friend build and you cant give it to him.

D3 is like biggest fail in history in every aspect, they should not copy anything from that game, definitly not the no trading.

Also keep your expectations about D4 low, I red plenty of feedback and its big dissapoitment so far, ppl got bored after 10 days and there is nothing to do at end game.

Well thanks for link. Tldr, they have not done anything so far about trading and they dont know what to do and how to do it.

For them as like very inexperienced india developers might be better the no trade option. Becouse big company like Blizzard or Amazon cant handle bots so LE would have zero chance.

They think about some trading maybe between friends only.

Anyway the most popular Arpg are Poe and D2 resurected and there is free trade, ppl like trading in general. D3 overcome trading with massive drop rates, the drop rate is like 10 legendary every 3 minutes. Le drop rate is mediocre but there are only few items usable so its really hard to find something good.

So MP will come before the end of the year as said… ok why not.

I don’t think a launch can be done between Xmas and New year as everyone are on holiday.

From the today the 21th November to the 23 December there is only 4 weeks.

So maybe we can have a bit of visibility ?

And ideally you would want 1 or 2 weeks after the patch to fix the most urgent issues that will arise. (and most certainly there will be some)

So there are like 2 weeks left for some news. (probably even less, since they most likely want some PR and general heads up for the patch

Totally happy for this as a starting point. I do not like trade as it ruins the loot chase but a simple way to trade things with friends would be perfectly fine.

Huh? We are playing different games then. LE loot drop rates are in a pretty good place right now imho. Sure we need more varitey of goodies, but thats normal. I definitely dont want trade to affect loot drops because that would change the entire game.

Note: This is off topic and has been discussed in all the trade threads linked above - no need to discuss this here again.

Im not frustrated at all, just pointing out how it is

No. TI:I is a PoE ripoff with many of the same features but much less bullshit

ive spent 0$

2 Likes

Well it adds the BS of gacha P2W pet traits. If they got rid of that then I bet a lot more people would be playing it. Even little known Undecember, with a P2W auction house, is getting two to three times as many players on steam. And yes it is also mobile and PC.

It does have ‘p2win’ pets however you get roughly 30 free pet pulls if not more

After playing now for over 200 hours and I should hit 100 today (99.87) the most broken pets arent DPS/Drops they are XP pets - specifically a pet giving ‘Xp Penalty Mitigation’ for me personally

I dont know their maths but in PoE you get up to a 98% XP penalty at 99, in Torchlight I have 1x pet giving 20% ‘XP Penalty Mitigation’ which is either a flat 20% or 20% from the penalty and 2 giving 6% xp

Personally I couldnt care less if nobody plays as long as my items get bought from the Tradehouse and theres saturation of things I might want

Played it for a few hours, game wanted to fill my entire inventory/stash with crafting mats then wanted me to spend $70 on storage, lol no thanks

Stash and alts exists for a reason. You can 100% reach endgame without needing to buy anything.

Trading ruins loot chase? What a non sense. Trading add the motivation to loot hunt, you can grind and never found bis items but you can find bis items for other class and trade it for items you need. Looks like you never played real ARPG like D2 resurected and other games as you are probably very unexperienced player. Keep in mind that blind fanboyism wont help to game at all. Look at numbers 500 players playing and forum is also pretty much dead. The game needs more constructive feedback.

And this is not offtopic trading is huge part of multiplayer.

3 Likes

That’s not what Vapour said:

Surely finding good drops from mobs is the motivation for the loot hunt rather than good drops from an AH/other players? Trade is a very important part of multiplayer for many people, but not everyone and there are mp arpgs that do just fine without it (or without unrestricted trade at least).

Nor does blindly wanting to change the game into a different one. There is a middle ground.

It’s been 8 months since the last content patch, I think that might possibly have something to do with the low player count (though for an SP game, who cares?) while everybody waits for 0.9 and multiplayer.

I edited it he says trading ruins the loot chase. I would just add that 99% of the uniques are not for your build so useless, so there is no excitment when you see unique on ground you know it will be useless. Trade would help with that feeling a lot.

1 Like

Not entirely, I know where you’re coming from, but there’s something to be said for a build enabling unique dropping for a different build/class & that then propels you to make that build. I have lots of alts.

2 Likes

Yes it does.

Because if loot isnt tuned to be more rare so that you can trade it, then if this game has 5k players with the current loot all trading unrestricted then gold and items will have no value in literal days.

You cant have a rich loot experience and a rich trade experience at the same time. And the devs are aware of that. Which is exactly why they dont plan to have an “Economy” type trade system where people are trading items left and right. because it would ruin the loot experience.

Loot in ARPGs with trade no longer feel exciting even if you get the best item in the game, because you would rather trade that item away so you can get 10 2nd best items in the game.

4 Likes

I’ll try and be civil. I have been playing computer games since the 80’s - probably before you were born so I’ll ignore that dig.

I stick by my opinion that trading ruins the loot chase. If you can just buy whatever you want or need in an ARPG then there is no need to grind for anything other than XP for skills and currency. If you can just trade for gear, then the game becomes purely a grind for currency to make the purchase. Arpg games are 100% about the grind for gear to play new builds and enhance your existing build - its a HUGE part of the experience - trading in an elaborate economy just ruins this key aspect of the game for me. I have played LE for over 2k hours now and I have hoarded probably 700 uniques (before you ask, yes multiples of each) and played multiple builds enabled by those uniques. It was fun running through content and grinding all the different bosses & content to get those drops. If I could trade for them, all I would have done was find the best currency earning approach and ignored all the content in favour of just grinding currency.

Thats not how I like to play my arpgs.

As I said before, trading with a playing partner or friend is perfectly acceptable but I do not believe that full trade economy is a good thing for a game like LE.

4 Likes