Multiplayer when?

Of course they are, and for your information i’m ERP Project Director for one of the biggest ERP on the market, project are counting in Years too and no one is saying delay doesn’t exist, i’m saying delay is ok for a while, for a time frame, after that it’s just showing up how much you doesn’t care.

We say what we will do, we do what we said. that’s the 1st rule.

Simp : ““someone who does way too much for a person they like””, saying nothing, always finding excuse for a unnacceptable behaviour is simping.

And if you read again what i wrote, i didn’t say we should ranting or tearing #### up, I said raise our voices.

To complain, to protest if you want, and don’t put "Karen words"in my mouth, it’s not what i said.

Punching down is always classy.

And yet it’s generally used in an offensive way to denegrate or put down other people.

But it is how you said it. Maybe it’s a translation thing.

Probably + the fact it’s a subject which involve a lot of passion and things might sound harsh where it’s not or vice versa.

What are you talking about?

Ignoring Last Epoch entirely - You purchased an Early Access game that was playable at the time of the purchase and allows you access to updates of the game IF further updates are available.

There is no guarantee of ANYTHING beyond what you downloaded at the moment of the first purchase.

Steam warns about this and explains it in their faq (Introducing Early Access). They even address the chance that that game will never be completed and that there is no timeframe involved.

Kickstarter (if thats when you supported the game) is even less of a promise.

If you have any idea on programming development projects of this size being done by small first time teams without the benefit of major finanical backers from the onset, you will understand that everything the devs have scheduled or planned is based entirely on guesswork and estimations and is almost guaranteed to be way off. And thats not even considering scope changes or external factors.

Take your simp rubbish and go somewhere else - you have already decided LE is a bust for you, so there is no point in trying to be civil with you.

3 Likes

Seasons is actually one of the things I am most excited about when it comes to Last Epoch, and I hope to see Last Epoch is given the treat of Next-Level Gaming of Seasons.

hmmm… that boy is quite angry. Damn !

That’s what i’m talking about.

Not base about steam informations, and at that time it’s an information, a news, a marketing step or what ever you want, but it’s at least a EHG’s statement from 2020 saying MP will be there in 2021. We are in 2022, still nothing in sight, may be 2023 ?

At this time, it’s not a guess, it’s a breach of trust.

I take my simp rubbish, clean it up, and give it back to you and in the same time with a very lovely father’s face that you might have been missing to say things like this, i teach you than everyone deserve to be civil with everyone even if you disagree with them

You know what? Seriously. (Admin Removed Text.)
I am actually SIMP as you call it, enough to say such a thing, because I would totally like to see an actual game that has been polished than to see it comlpetely rushed, and nowhere NEAR done. Unfortunately there are way too many games that are rushed, because of Deadlines, screaming Fans and whatnot. Making a game is this caliber takes work. And lots of it.
I too in some cases think it is boring that it should take such and such long time and whatnot, but I also do know a lottle bit of things concerning all around developing a proper game.
And you??!? WTF have you actually bought, like at all? Go ahead and actually BUY something, before you start nagging about anything at all.
When this game is released and it been out for a year, I am likely one of those people that have actually spent a ton more money on this then you are ever likely to spend on any kind of game.

So by the fact you have or will spend money on it, Much more than some of us , makes your statement closer to the thruth ? I don’t get it.
From time to time people make lost in investment and it prove them they made a mistake event if they spent a lot of money.

More you talk the more I see the simp in you : " I spend money so it’s the best, everyone love it, it’s perfect, more i spend better it is, more i spend more people will love me back "

At this stage, i don’t know if i’m allow to make fun of you, being sad for you or try to help you to find a way to help yourself. I’m still mitigate

After 8 months with no update, and still unfinished class masteries… I’m thinking multiplayer was a big mistake.

Why the big push for multiplayer anyway? The game doesn’t really gain much from it. The levels and the game design aren’t even designed with multiplayer synergy in mind.

It seems like a waste of development time to be honest.

I spent and spend money on it because I see and have seen actual results with this game going in the correct direction and something is actually being developed and Developers who actually cares about their project. And therefore I will actually spend even more on it in the future, and you will just keep on going whining about the release price for it. But it is not even oout yet, but still already you are whining about it.

From time to time, when i read few things full of nosense i tell myself to pass on it. Just to keep my inner peace. Because some people are fool enough to lead you to the path of insanity even if the beginning of the conversation wasn’t the path they are arguing about.

And then there is you with this priceless description of profil

“Well, I like games. Since I was a little brat. And in some cases I liked it way too much. Therefore I wasted my life on way too many games at times as well.
Which again means no Girl. No Life. No Kids.
And now I test out a promising game called Last Epoch. And I am one Founder. And want more Packs.”

Honestly, I bow out, you won. I won’t argue anymore, you’re full of nosense, not only in this thread but on everything.

Cheers

Yo Kedanor - Gotta keep it chill friend. I appreciate the passion, but please refrain from direct attacks. I edited your post.

2 Likes

You know nothing about me and I find your attitude entirely insulting and degrading to members of this forum. You have made gross generalisations and you have done nothing constructive here but moan about things that we are all already aware of and while we may feel impatient and disillusioned by the same things, we are positive and respectful.

Making assumptions about my personal life and insinuating that I have had a lack of father figure is about as gross and inappropriate as you possible can be. You would NEVER say something like that to someone face if you had any civility in your bones.

1 Like

Okay.

Please guys calm down, these discussions going into dirty places will not bring the patch any sooner :slight_smile:

The fact is, we are two months late for the patch and there’s no official communication about it. Is up to EHG, but we will be all in a range from faithful and optimistic to disappointed and concerned.

I am somewhat in the middle, I can understand there’s some delay, but I cannot understand the lack of communication, so I’m a bit concerned, still somewhat optimistic, this is far from burning all my good will with EHG.

2 Likes

The people on the forums are the most dedicated portion of the player-base who will hold more polarized positions.
But, if I were to guess, I would say that the majority that is just apathetic about this / lost interest.

I myself would have enjoyed better communication from EHG but the reality is that probably there is not much to communicate.
The problem is that saying “we made a patch that prevents 4 out of the 7 currently known forms of item duplication in our networking protocol” does not make for good communication.

Except drop rates can be adjusted per play-style. Higher drop/rarity rates in SSF leagues, for example. That’s not rocket surgery.

They can, yes, but they don’t (ignoring the party-based MF bonuses you tend to get in PoE/D3/etc).

From the Kickstarter forward, EHG promised an “endlessly developed” ARPG (ala PoE) supported by cosmetis (also ala PoE) - early alpha/beta purchases even came with “currency” IIRC??

No-one needs to buy cosmetics in a single-player game where they can edit their character to give it ANYTHING THEY WANT do they?? That means they’d make NO MONEY AT ALL

Multiplayer - and server-side character storage and protection against duping and other nonsense which goes with it - is ESSENTIAL if EHG are to fullfill their original promise - the thing we all bought into it on the basis of.

This really isn’t that hard to understand - we didn’t buy an offline-only game - that’s not what we were sold and EHG’s business model is dead without it too…

2 Likes

I also need to take up this idea that they are “flooded” with people wanting to get into the multiplayer test - because that’s clearly and easily proven as nonsense.

To properly test multiplayer you need 100s and then 1000s and then 10s of 1000s of players - Steam shows no more than “hundreds” playing LE at most - let alone in the CT specifically - so I’m not seeing that as an issue (and or I don’t see 20 people as testing anything useful)

Even if it was the biggest secret test with secret players playing secretly in their 100s - EHG employ over 50 people (just based on LinkedIn) and I’m wondering what most of them are doing because they can’t all be software developers or testers working on MP - the artists aren’t involved in that - the level designers aren’t - sound and character model and - well - most of them - what are they actually doing?

As I’ve said many times now - I’ve played a fair bit of LE and I like it but it feels more and more abandoned - even if MP turned-up tomorrow there’s so much more to be done - PoE and D3(now 4) have had more updates in the last year than this ‘new’ game and so until I see something to the contrary I’m kinda moving on…

1 Like