Multiplayer when?

The problem with this, as has been stated many, many times before (such as here), if there’s unrestricted trade then the drop rate has to be reduced in order to keep the rate of item/power acquisition in the rough zone of where the devs want it. If not then players gain their desired items/power much faster than intended.

1 Like

They also stated how they want to keep the game SSF friendly, I don’t think they go the full free trade economy route based on their last messages related to trade, but as they didn’t pick sides with it because… reasons, we will see.

There’s too much of posts dedicated on how trade should be, if they already decided wouldn’t be a hot spot in the forums…

Indeed, but you can’t have both unrestricted trade and SSF-friendly drop rates was the point I was trying to make. So if they went with the former then “just playing SSF” wouldn’t mean that you weren’t affected by the necessary drop rate changes.

Yeah, they don’t, they want mobs to be the primary way to get items, not vendors, not the gambler (which is why the normal gambler was capped to only give item bases up to lvl 40) & most likely not trade either. But as you say, we’ll need to wait & see where they land & what we end up with.

Yes, but then there would be people that don’t like whatever they choose & they’d be complaining. So it’d still be a hot topic.

That assumes you wouldnt consider playing a different char that would benefit from the drops and only focussed on the build you had. And by the time the drop usefulness gets to 99% useless drops, you have pretty much maxed out that build. all depends on how long it took to get there whether or not you “got your monies worth” for the entertainment.

Probably.

Btw, days after days, when we are yelling about each other what’s good or not, EHG is laughthing silently as we come closer to add an other year to this thread.

Patch 0.9 and Multiplayer Are Coming Next Year

1 Like

As MP is delayed for what seems a few more months I was playing D2R ladder. I can not find that second BER rune playing solo and in public games there’s two much snatching and loot frenzy to have a significantly higher chance at one but I could find other things to trade.

So here I am at a wall, I have a ladder in the form of other items for trade to scale that wall but I haven’t done so as I consider my goal and build complete even without the item because of that accessibility. I felt bored so I signed into LE and have a 90 Lich alt now.

All of this to say that there can be a bad SSF experience like the rune system in D2, a middle ground, and a full blown trade economy that you can make a build from from other currency like PoE. I prefer the middle ground to play solo and feel I have a relatively decent progression curve without feeling like time is a total waste with no way to target some specific drops like D2 or time/RNG a total waste like Lost Ark an MMO very relevant for how progression is locked behind time and RNG in the most a horrible way possible.

I don’t know what trading is like with the CT community but trust EHG will make the right decision to balance the current solo experience with the party dynamic because it’s more fun improving your build with friends then strangers in trade.

1 Like

Said it before but say it again. It is ready when it is ready.
No it does not mean it launches when (Lol) Diablo 6 or Path of Exile 4 releases.
But no need for rushing it for January release, when it is way more ready and polished in time for June. Or August, or whatever.

For all we know, Diablo 4 may just launch away and let just people sink their teeth into that for a month or two. And then Last Epoch launches with a Thundering Boom and blows peoples minds away. Maybe it actually is just better overall and for the longrun. Personally when it comes to Diablo 4, I couldn´t care less about it. Since I am never ever going to under any circumstances, play it.
Why ever waste my time on Diablo when I can waste my time with Last Epoch instead?

3 Likes

Why is that bad?

Requiring multiplayer should never be an actual requirement to fulfill the potential of a build like in D2. Rune drop rate is only impacted by player count so don’t take my comment as a criticism of the entire rune system. Solo play drop rates are abysmal for runes. Before this ladder season and sunder charms builds were locked behind the rune system to counter immunities or you were forced to skip game content. In LE you have far less need for X item in order to make a build work though some become possible to build around like Reign of Winter for Bow Mage.

1 Like

Non seasonal is an option though and the right one for some people. And 2K is obviously a massive exaggeration by yourself.

I was going to say that that’s not even possible in a 3 month league, but ther are 2,184 hours in 3 months so as long as you’re OK with 2 hours of sleep a day you can do it! I believe in you Frodo!

Who’s simp enough to says things like this ? We bought a product based on a contract first where nothing is written but also on a moral contract.

When you are 2 weeks late it’s ok, when you are 2 months late i’ts meh when you are 1 year and more late it’s just unacceptable.

Who will accept the same for a house ? a car ? a phone ? a pen ? or even a meal ? no one.

People should stop simp and start raising their voice about this trash project management, it’s start to smell Star Citizen for too long !

1 Like

Because delays never happen on any project at all ever anywhere. Software development is not the same as manufacturing physical products, tweaking or changing a thing can have unexpected changes in apparently unrelated systems.

It’s totally understandable that you’re pissed off that MP is delayed, but just because people aren’t ranting or tearing #### up doesn’t mean they’re simps.

Of course they are, and for your information i’m ERP Project Director for one of the biggest ERP on the market, project are counting in Years too and no one is saying delay doesn’t exist, i’m saying delay is ok for a while, for a time frame, after that it’s just showing up how much you doesn’t care.

We say what we will do, we do what we said. that’s the 1st rule.

Simp : ““someone who does way too much for a person they like””, saying nothing, always finding excuse for a unnacceptable behaviour is simping.

And if you read again what i wrote, i didn’t say we should ranting or tearing #### up, I said raise our voices.

To complain, to protest if you want, and don’t put "Karen words"in my mouth, it’s not what i said.

Punching down is always classy.

And yet it’s generally used in an offensive way to denegrate or put down other people.

But it is how you said it. Maybe it’s a translation thing.

Probably + the fact it’s a subject which involve a lot of passion and things might sound harsh where it’s not or vice versa.

What are you talking about?

Ignoring Last Epoch entirely - You purchased an Early Access game that was playable at the time of the purchase and allows you access to updates of the game IF further updates are available.

There is no guarantee of ANYTHING beyond what you downloaded at the moment of the first purchase.

Steam warns about this and explains it in their faq (Introducing Early Access). They even address the chance that that game will never be completed and that there is no timeframe involved.

Kickstarter (if thats when you supported the game) is even less of a promise.

If you have any idea on programming development projects of this size being done by small first time teams without the benefit of major finanical backers from the onset, you will understand that everything the devs have scheduled or planned is based entirely on guesswork and estimations and is almost guaranteed to be way off. And thats not even considering scope changes or external factors.

Take your simp rubbish and go somewhere else - you have already decided LE is a bust for you, so there is no point in trying to be civil with you.

3 Likes

Seasons is actually one of the things I am most excited about when it comes to Last Epoch, and I hope to see Last Epoch is given the treat of Next-Level Gaming of Seasons.

hmmm… that boy is quite angry. Damn !

That’s what i’m talking about.

Not base about steam informations, and at that time it’s an information, a news, a marketing step or what ever you want, but it’s at least a EHG’s statement from 2020 saying MP will be there in 2021. We are in 2022, still nothing in sight, may be 2023 ?

At this time, it’s not a guess, it’s a breach of trust.

I take my simp rubbish, clean it up, and give it back to you and in the same time with a very lovely father’s face that you might have been missing to say things like this, i teach you than everyone deserve to be civil with everyone even if you disagree with them