Multiplayer Progress Update - January 2022

No separate chat channel for posting item links?

Time to turn off chat

I was going to say the same thing. It’s too clunky to have multiple tabs instead of just having chat commands for pre-defined channels, like /sentinel blah blah blah. I’d rather have everything in one window with checkboxes on any channels I want displayed there, which would be few.

Did they actually say that?

You can’t expect every single experience to be 100% tailored to your personal needs. Linking items is good for the health of the game. It encourages interacting with others to help with crafting steps, it can help people to know if an item is worth keeping/selling if they aren’t sure, it adds a social aspect which promotes activity, and it’s great to show off really good crafts or drops you get which promotes healthy competition. This is a loot-based arpg, there is zero reason to not have item linking in chat. If you want an offline experience, you’re welcome to continue playing offline mode when multiplayer releases. Your response is neither criticism or feedback, it’s a passive aggressive way of you saying you want an individual channel just for linking items, which isn’t helpful or productive, let alone sensical.

1 Like

Hey Ross! Happy to see you helm a MP post :smiley:

On the below

I understand where EHG is coming from. But I hope you guys would reconsider. POE’s guild system is effectively just this chat channel now despite occasional promises from GGG they would like to do more with the guild system.

But even so, this guild chat channel has allowed me to form some close friendships in POE that I’m fairly certain is not possible without it. My only regret is that POE doesn’t incentivise partying up with friends and guild mates (but that’s a separate discussion all together :stuck_out_tongue: )

8 Likes

i personally would love to have a button on party chat to inspect the other players equipment + char stats. inspecting other players would be a very nice social feature so everybody could whow off their build/items, etc

While I no longer play Path of Exile, my group (who formed our own private guild) thoroughly enjoyed the Guild Stash service. Easily one of the better features - being able to invest in more storage for shared items.

I think when EHG implements the guild, I would love to see a guild storage in some form or another. Besides gear items, it would greatly appreciate to store affix shards and other crafting materials.

I’m surprised that’s you’re only regret regarding Path of Exile… (I tease, I tease!)

It always boggled my mind how backwards Path of Exile’s partying system failed to implement any incentive. While it was nice to run around with friends, running maps with a party felt horrible because it consumed all the portals in a map and then your friends would have to sit back - that never felt good.

I don’t expect there to be any exaggerated buffs given to players who party, but there should at least NOT be features that negatively impact parties like in Path of Exile.

2 Likes

No its ambiguous. Might be jumping the gun but if these 2 (dedicated channel for linking item) have to go together, they would have mention it here, IMO

Chill, i think linking item is great but just not in the general chat, can’t i have an IMO?
Lol, and how is it my personal needs, it doesn’t benefit me in anyway, its just either i turn on/off chat when it becomes spammy.

wait, what? Party play in PoE is extremely incentivized. full 6 man parties are out there dropping 1000x the amount of items that a solo player will ever see from a single map. 6 man groups in PoE make dozens of mirrors a league with the right strategy, some are dropping 1 headhunter every couple of maps.

1 Like

That is just the top 1% fully optimized group play, that is soooo far away from any regular group play.

5 Likes

So happy to see this. I can’t wait to link items to friends.

Its not at all

The biggest hurdle is finding 5 friends, most people cannot achieve that

The next is assuming your roles and having zero life or responsibilities. once you have achieved those things you have infinite currency due to mapping at 250% more quantity than anyone else… oh and splitting map costs 1/6 ways…

That’s basically the 1%.

Its probably more like 0.2% really

Thing that annoys me is PoE is filled with players and many of them are terrible at the game itself using excuses to why ‘I couldnt kill XX’ but the real reason is they just give up easily and dont try to learn and sponge off others, its natural to rip portals on a new boss but its how you go from there

Many people rely on Neversink to write their loot filter, rely on ‘anyone’ to write them a guide or tell them what to play this league

go to poe/reddit/builds section now and theres people dont know how to league start after 1-5+ years of playing

1 Like

I’m very curious how they’re going to adapt the MoF & Dungeon systems for multiplayer.

I mean, if you have a 4 or 5 player party enter an echo, and the objectives stay as they are now, the echoes would be extremely short, (and possibly boring), and would generate either too much loot (if all 5 players got a reward cache) or too little (if there was only one cache split among all players). I put forth the idea that they may put in extra objectives in the echo for each additional player, but even then, there’s the issue of how much more (if any) loot should drop. Is every party member required to enter the same echo? If so, who chooses the path the party takes through the timeline? Or can party members each enter different echoes simultaneously to complete the timeline faster? How much of the loot will be tradeable?

I’m also curious about dungeons. Will we be able to group up for Julra and other bosses and/or arena? What happens if my partner dies fighting Julra but I live? The baseline assumption would be that I get loot but he doesn’t…but then, if the intention is that he doesn’t get loot because he died, should my loot be tradeable?

Lots of interesting questions and possibilities, and I’m very curious how they will approach it.

.2% but yeah, it’s the 98.8% of all PoE players that suck and not that the game has been consistently made less and less casual-friendly- got it.

Remember when finding an ex made your entire build possible for endgame?

The games changed, for the worse, and only elitist chads say otherwise.

1 Like

Now that would be a big difference!
:wink:

I think this could still be a feature, but not necessarily tied out to guilds. For instance FFXIV has a system called Linkshells which is basically just public/private chat with other people in the linkshell.

Something like this would probably be a pretty good addition without having to dedicate it specifically to the “guild” word.

Very similar to Battle net’s Community feature vs clans/guilds. You can be in one guild or clan, but in multiple communities.

Yea sure. I’m familiar with linkshells (played both FFXI and FFXIV). They are effectively guilds though.

1 Like