Multiplayer Progress Update - January 2022

GG, guys!
Awesome features, I cant wait to disable chat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking pretty cool and shows that a lot of work has gone into this. One question though, and it may have been answered in an earlier MP thread. What kind of level ranges will the party have? I would assume a level 9 couldn’t party up with a level 99.

That is big, if you combine this with a better tutorialization to being with the new player experience wil lgo through the roof!

1 Like

re: channels –

ive always missed how warcraft 3 did channels, where we could make public or private community channels that was able to run chatbots, would be able to have user roles, etc

no one talked in general chat channels (except for spambots), but there were a number of very active community/clan channels where you could get to know people that hung out in that channel a lot

1 Like

We’re interested in Guilds and understand the social benefits that they bring in other games, however we need systems that make sense in context of Last Epoch to consider them. We don’t want them to just be chat channels with the name “Guild”.

3 Likes

Any player can play with another person of any other level, however there will be experience gain penalties for players killing monsters in areas significantly higher or lower than their own.

4 Likes

I like the look of this to be honest. I don’t have much input, but a big thumbs up from me. So far so good :slight_smile:

Good start but to me the heart of this kind of thing is the Guild or Clan. My best memories of D2 was my clan. I know you have mentioned wanting to do it and such so I will leave it at that for now.

2 Likes

lol, nice one.

So, when we can try it live? :heart_eyes:

I disagree that the “heart of this kind of thing is the Guild or Clan.” I could really enjoy the chat with multiple channels for classes (which I’ve seen before), friends, party, etc. and not even care about the guild or clan. To you it may be highly important, but that doesn’t mean it’s the heart of it all since many of us don’t care about it.
I’m assuming they will add that but we’ll all just have to wait and see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is why I said to me. If you don’t like it don’t use it. There was really zero reason for you to make this reply at all.

2 Likes

Talk about a useless reply.

If it’s possible to have messages from different sources (local, whispers, etc) in the same tab, having the option to choose different colors for each source would be a great addition.

No separate chat channel for posting item links?

Time to turn off chat

I was going to say the same thing. It’s too clunky to have multiple tabs instead of just having chat commands for pre-defined channels, like /sentinel blah blah blah. I’d rather have everything in one window with checkboxes on any channels I want displayed there, which would be few.

Did they actually say that?

You can’t expect every single experience to be 100% tailored to your personal needs. Linking items is good for the health of the game. It encourages interacting with others to help with crafting steps, it can help people to know if an item is worth keeping/selling if they aren’t sure, it adds a social aspect which promotes activity, and it’s great to show off really good crafts or drops you get which promotes healthy competition. This is a loot-based arpg, there is zero reason to not have item linking in chat. If you want an offline experience, you’re welcome to continue playing offline mode when multiplayer releases. Your response is neither criticism or feedback, it’s a passive aggressive way of you saying you want an individual channel just for linking items, which isn’t helpful or productive, let alone sensical.

1 Like

Hey Ross! Happy to see you helm a MP post :smiley:

On the below

I understand where EHG is coming from. But I hope you guys would reconsider. POE’s guild system is effectively just this chat channel now despite occasional promises from GGG they would like to do more with the guild system.

But even so, this guild chat channel has allowed me to form some close friendships in POE that I’m fairly certain is not possible without it. My only regret is that POE doesn’t incentivise partying up with friends and guild mates (but that’s a separate discussion all together :stuck_out_tongue: )

8 Likes

i personally would love to have a button on party chat to inspect the other players equipment + char stats. inspecting other players would be a very nice social feature so everybody could whow off their build/items, etc