Multiplayer Load Screens

Putting this as Feedback, there may be some Bugs at play here as well I’m unsure, but I’ll first describe what happens.

I’m playing with a two-player party.

1. We click on the exit from area A to a new area B.
  2. We get what I’ll call a Transit Message until I learn the correct term. This is a message in the middle with a loading wheel for 5 to 10 seconds.
  3. We do not lose control of our characters. We can continue looting, fighting, sorting inventory in area A.
  4. We get the Loading Screen for another 5 to 10 seconds.
  5. Now we are in area B.

General feedback on all area transitions:

• Obviously get both Transit Message and Loading Screen times down if you can.
  • Consider loading earlier, like from further away instead of when my player touches the doorway.
  • Feedback on the Transit Message doesn’t feel great, even though it pops up in the middle of the screen but my eye/cursor was on the area transition. I am not always sure that my click worked, maybe a slight sound or flash on the area exit. Maybe I’ll just get used to and look in the right place.
  • Streaming or Background loading would be amazing. Dungeon Siege (2002) and World of Warcraft (2004) had no area transitions between outdoor areas. I understand they had some load screens and some tricks (hmm… this elevator seems slow) but it really is such a joy to have less load screens and not lose control of the character.

Teleport to another player (in another zone):

1. I click the button on their portrait.
  2. A portal opens at my location
  3. I click the portal
  4. No transit message appears, but the portal goes away. I think maybe this is a bug and there should be a transit message here (“Teleporting to Player XZZ”)
  5. I do not lose control of my characters. I can continue looting, fighting, sorting inventory in area A for 5 seconds.
  6. Loading Screen appears for another 5 to 10 seconds.
  7. I appear on top of Player XZZ. This part is amazing especially after the very long loading time. I haven’t checked but I assume I have grace period.

Feedback on teleport to another player:

• Does it really add anything for the portal to appear and then I have to click it? Could it just begin loading?
  • Again some visual and sound feedback for loading commencing
  • Transit Message may be missing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.