MTX Pricing is still pretty awful!

Thats also the one thing I respect about D4, the devs have shown pics of non paid skins (if we can actually trust Blizz), they look pretty damn nice especially to, like you said, PoE. You can never look like more than a bum in PoE without a healthy dose of mtx.

@Force

Thats exactly why I mentioned earlier I believe they will copy the PoE route if EHG desires LE to stay relevant moving forward. Gotta get the whales in to fund ongoing development, and us plebs might buy a battlepass (which I hate) or whatever that model they showed a few days ago was. Box price wonā€™t cut it moving forward, this isnt D4 with a playerbase of 5 million out of the gate.

This generation of gaming is ass.

2 Likes

Iā€™m hesitant about Diablo 4 though because Immortals left a terrible taste in my mouth.

Plus Iā€™m thinking by like the 4th season/battle pass from Blizzard youā€™ll start to see more predatory stuff being added as Blizzard tests the waters with their playerbase.

Iā€™m personally sticking to Last Epoch only as my current live service ARPG, and itā€™s mostly for those reasons really.

I hope Blizzard behaves themselves and has learned from their mistakes, but Iā€™m hesitant since they just basically dumped Overwatch 2ā€™s only defining feature which was the only reason they even moved from Overwatch 1 to 2.

I fear that theyā€™ll just keep pulling the same stuff because people just keep giving them money for battle passes and deluxe edition early accesses.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s one of the major perks of Diablo IV for me. Despite Diablo IVā€™s heavy monetization and the criticism ActBlizz has received for it, theyā€™ve done right by non-paying players by making endgame gear rival paid cosmetics in terms of quality and detail.

And yeah, Nevieth has some valid points. Itā€™s not easy to trust a mutli-billion dollar company whose revenue last year was 7.53 billion USD. Profit over product.

I am just as hesitant as you. The game wont even launch with a league, I very much think the hardcore crowd will be bored by the time a mechanic is introduced. I made a topic when the closed beta dropped about how I felt LE was a more competent game. Bliz already sold out on the franchise making D4 the pseudo mmo with little customization, all to appeal to the masses, which I understand but hate. It looks purty but it feels so hollow, I am really on the fence about its longevity from a build diversity perspective.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be playing Diablo IV (already pre-ordered it) but unless Blizzard has some tricks up their sleeves, I just donā€™t see it holding up as a live service game in the longrun. The seasons need to be really good for the game to have any longevity.

If you look at Diablo IV and Diablo: Immortal, both games are eerily similar in terms of design, from the open world to nightmare dungeons. Not inherently a bad thing per se, but for me and a lot of other ARPG veterans, Immortal did get stale after a month or two.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still on the fence about how I feel to be honest. I can understand that they need to sell MTX to continue with development of the game and future cycles, but the prices for what you get leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

Iā€™ve got quite a few coins on my account but havenā€™t felt like spending any of them on what Iā€™ve seen so far. Not sure what that means yet and if Iā€™ll spend more in the future.

4 Likes

7.5 billion despite all the bullshit that went down internally. Activision/Bliz are horrible, yet we are guilty of supporting them, its like an abusive relationship.

I am on the same boat, I dont think it will be live service in the long run. Bliz will support leagues for a couple years, then slowly crawl away from 3-4 months developments in my opinion. There will obviously be a huge box priced dlc years from now with another class or two, which we all will purchase despite knowing we are buying another 70 gigs of shit.

@Dobster

You just nailed it like I mentioned, this era of gaming is shit. I miss buying a 16 bit cartridge knowing full well the game on that memory chip is complete. I hope you find something good with your points, I havent even opened the shop yet, I already know it will make me unhappy.

2 Likes

Nevieth mentioned Warframe in another topic. If youā€™re looking for something new to try, without the pressure to spend money to look fashionable, Warframe might be worth checking out. Itā€™s not an ARPG but itā€™s one of the better F2P titles out there, with mostly everything cosmetic-wise obtainable through just playing the game.

And now is a good time to get into the game since the new update (The Duviri Paradox) has a new entry point for newcomers, that puts you straight into action in the new game mode, with incredible rewards readily available to you right from the get-go. ā€œThe Circuitā€ will basically catch you up with everybody else in the game.

As for the game itself, itā€™s a mix of looter shooter with parkour, big space battles, story-driven quests, and so, so much more.

2 Likes

Think Warframe is my most played game on Steam sitting at a bit over 3,000 hours I believe.

1 Like

Haha, same here, mate! 3k+ hours.

1 Like

Itā€™s not just whatā€™s being sold but how. You could have ā€œethicalā€ things sold in an ā€œunethicalā€ way as much as you can have ā€œunethicalā€ things sold in an ā€œethicalā€ way. Both sources of unethical-ness should be resisted/complained about, not just unethical things.

Yeah, that hasnā€™t been the case for a good ~10-20 years though. :frowning: And itā€™s all the internetā€™s fault (the technology, not the people).

1 Like

My sentiments as well. Long term, Iā€™m still betting on POE and LE.

1 Like

Hey, I appreciate that! I have seen it here and there, but it looks so daunting as a new comer, sort of like when a noob sees the PoE tree for the first time, and are in for another jolt when they discover the 1400 systems in the game.

Is it controller friendly? Will I be able to understand its systems without a youtube PhD?

My 6600XT comes in one the 31, maybe I will give it a shot! I wanted to try it way back when on my ps4, but that was when my PoE addiction was at peak levels.

1 Like

while I completely agree with you. the devs have YET to show they can competently do thatā€¦ almost every aspect of this patch is messed up in SOME way yet the MTX store has zero issues THAT says slot about priorities to ME

1 Like

Apparantly there is a HC race for D4 at launch, and streamers etc whom have gotten to level 100 are allowed to participate. Here is Rodā€™s response

Blizz doing Blizz things

edit - How do I make the image just show?

1 Like

Haha, nice! It has a fair amount of depth, but nothing overly complicated that requires more than a few minutes of your time. And yes, itā€™s controller friendly. Warframe is available on PC, Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch and other platforms. Itā€™s everywhere.

1 Like

I hate you for perhaps enabling a new addiction, especially since I will now be able to play at non prehistoric resolutions and fps, but I appreciate it just as much :smile:

2 Likes

I completely understand, mate. The best we can hope for at this point is the 1.0 release. All of these issues should be resolved by then.

As for MTX:
MTX Shop is working as intended, but the MTX itself has issues. MTX being unequipped when using a waypoint, collision issues, not to mention town functionality being disabled for the moment. Towns were supposed to play a big part in allowing players to showcase their MTX.

Edit: And Monoliths. Portal MTX doesnā€™t even apply to Monolith portals.

1.0 should fix most if not all of these issues, so itā€™s just a waiting game. Early access and all that jazz.

2 Likes

You must be one lucky SOB then because like a lot of other things in this update the MTX is also a bit buggy and broken, like Force said.

Again they added the MTX shop to test it and get feedback, it says as much in their content update patch notes for 0.9.1.

My only real issue with MTX beyond the fixable bugs in an Early Access title would be the price for the armor set. If they use that as the standardized pricing moving forward, then weā€™re going to be seeing $35 armor sets being normalized.

Itā€™s the $20 portal skins all over again.

that is kinda my point I guess overall they can sell you the MTX with zero issues they get their money but even something you are buying separately from the box price doesnā€™t even work right THAT is another huge red flag imoā€¦

Iā€™m hoping for good things lots to love in this game but NONE of it works great