More Damage Question

I was wondering how important is More Damage multiplier for most builds and if you could do a build without it or with a minimum amount of it?

Alternatively… how much is a fair amount of More Damage Multiplier in a build for it to do respectable damage in endgame content?

Increased vs More damage needs to be more intuitive to understand

The more, the better (pun intended). I don’t have as many hours under my belt as many (~150) but I doubt there is a general rule of thumb. On Last Epoch Tools I normally search “other” in the skill trees which will highlight all of your multiplicative damage options. Then I grab as many as possible after I get any utility that I want like Haste or damage conversion

Hmm let me put it another way then! What’s the highest amount of “more damage” you’ve seen or achieved in a build?

I haven’t paid super close attention on most of my builds but last night I was pretty shocked to see that the main Blade Dancer skill can do 150% more if you go top left or 105% + defensive utility by going bottom left. Keep in mind that is before the extra 50% more if you use Shift before hand, Singularity idol, and maybe I missed something else that is synergistic. So 215% more maybe? At least thats the biggest I’ve seen in Rogue. I haven’t gone back to see some of my older builds

1 Like

Due to the nature of this multiplier, highest amount isn’t as relevant. Let me explain:
-You do base 100 damage. You have a single source that says you deal 100% more damage. You then deal 100 x 2 = 200.
-You do base 100 damage. You have 10 sources that say you deal 10% more damage. You then deal 100 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 = 259.37

As you can see, both “have 100% more” but the damage is entirely different.

2 Likes

On the topic of More, do skill nodes such as Dancing Strikes’ Snake Bites double dip? I forgot what other skill I saw that was similar but it specifically said it didn’t double dip, so since Snake Bites doesn’t say that I’m assuming it does? Meaning if a target is both poisoned and bleeding, you’ll have Base x 1.3 x 1.3 with that single node?

So then, each source of More Damage is in it’s own bucket and don’t stack together like Increase Damage does, right? My guess is this only applies to different instances of More Damage only, right?

1 Like

I am not familiar with that, so I’ll wait for someone else to answer that.

Correct.

1 Like

Right. When I typed out 215% more I was being lazy and just smushed them together even though that’s not how the math works out. That Dancing Strikes example I mentioned earlier would be Base x 1.3 x 1.3 x 1.6 x 10% global (not sure how that works tbh) x 1.5 x 1.2 x 1.3 x 1.5. Pretty good!

1 Like

What about a skill such as Enchant Weapon which has a passive and an active More Multiplier component, are those also considered separate?

I would assume they stack so Base x 1.5 x 1.15 during the active component

Judgement - Pious Offering: Judgement consumes a percentage (100%) of your current mana and deals 2% more damage per 1 mana consumed.

I have a character that has 800+ maximum mana.

That’s 1600% more damage.

2 Likes