Monsters resistances in monolith/arena are too high (85-90%)

and iam talking only about resistances (not armor, gb) on mobs without any modifiers.
It seems a bit too high.

I’m not sure I’d agree. I’m still doing 20-30k crits to the monolith quest echo bosses during the Enchant Weapon uptime, compared to ~80-90k crits on the dummy. So I disagree with the 85-90% claim.

Havent really noticed this… My ability to do damage has not been affected much by the 7.10 - could just be my particular build tho… very possible that other builds may have issues I have not personally experienced.

On the up-side, 7.10 has added the potential for more damage for my build which I have yet to fully capitalise on.

i used disintegrate on dummy and on normal mobs in mono/arena.
And i do definitely 6 times less damage on mobs.
disintegrate is good for tests because its not count as hit.

Slightly off topic… but have you seen this about Disintegrate?

Yeah, I don’t know why we do significantly less damage to mobs compared to the training dummy, but mobs only have resists if they have a modifiers that says so (such as the scorpions that are “resistance to fire damage”) or you pick the “enemies have XX% all resists” monolith modifier.

Edit: Though apparently the mobs get DR if not resists. Same end point, different route.

there is no resistance to mobs Unless there is a mod that says so they have dr

1 Like

That’s correct. Trasochi (I think it was him) told us that theres no res on mobs. Only those that say so. E.g. the scorpions that “resist fire”. They have around 40% resistance against that specific damage type.

1 Like

This is the DR for mobs that have been in for a while from Trasochi as well.

"At levels 1-6 there is no damage reduction, at level 7 there is 1.5% then it gradually scales up to 30% at level 26, 50% at level 46, 60% at level 56, 75% at level 76, reaching 85% at level 100.

Enemy effective health is calculated first, then this level based damage reduction is checked to see how much actual health the enemy has so the system doesn’t actually make enemies tankier. For example if a level 46 enemy is supposed to have 2000 effective health, it will have 1000 actual health, because it has 50% damage reduction from level. If a level 76 enemy is supposed to have 2000 effective health it will have 500 actual health, because it has a 75% damage reduction from level."

1 Like

Devs do the weirdest of things sometimes…

1 Like

Ye , thanks for posting it here.
Actually iam the guy that asked for this info on discord (historically have different nicknames there and on forum)

1 Like

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah, that explains when you posted the same thing here as on discord… I knew I’d seen it somewhere.

Thank you for restoring a small portion of my sanity.

1 Like

Confused me a bit too so I figured I would post that just incase that way everyone can see it on both platforms :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.