Monsters resistances in monolith/arena are too high (85-90%)

and iam talking only about resistances (not armor, gb) on mobs without any modifiers.
It seems a bit too high.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d agree. Iā€™m still doing 20-30k crits to the monolith quest echo bosses during the Enchant Weapon uptime, compared to ~80-90k crits on the dummy. So I disagree with the 85-90% claim.

Havent really noticed thisā€¦ My ability to do damage has not been affected much by the 7.10 - could just be my particular build thoā€¦ very possible that other builds may have issues I have not personally experienced.

On the up-side, 7.10 has added the potential for more damage for my build which I have yet to fully capitalise on.

i used disintegrate on dummy and on normal mobs in mono/arena.
And i do definitely 6 times less damage on mobs.
disintegrate is good for tests because its not count as hit.

Slightly off topicā€¦ but have you seen this about Disintegrate?

Yeah, I donā€™t know why we do significantly less damage to mobs compared to the training dummy, but mobs only have resists if they have a modifiers that says so (such as the scorpions that are ā€œresistance to fire damageā€) or you pick the ā€œenemies have XX% all resistsā€ monolith modifier.

Edit: Though apparently the mobs get DR if not resists. Same end point, different route.

there is no resistance to mobs Unless there is a mod that says so they have dr

1 Like

Thatā€™s correct. Trasochi (I think it was him) told us that theres no res on mobs. Only those that say so. E.g. the scorpions that ā€œresist fireā€. They have around 40% resistance against that specific damage type.

1 Like

This is the DR for mobs that have been in for a while from Trasochi as well.

"At levels 1-6 there is no damage reduction, at level 7 there is 1.5% then it gradually scales up to 30% at level 26, 50% at level 46, 60% at level 56, 75% at level 76, reaching 85% at level 100.

Enemy effective health is calculated first, then this level based damage reduction is checked to see how much actual health the enemy has so the system doesnā€™t actually make enemies tankier. For example if a level 46 enemy is supposed to have 2000 effective health, it will have 1000 actual health, because it has 50% damage reduction from level. If a level 76 enemy is supposed to have 2000 effective health it will have 500 actual health, because it has a 75% damage reduction from level."

1 Like

Devs do the weirdest of things sometimesā€¦

1 Like

Ye , thanks for posting it here.
Actually iam the guy that asked for this info on discord (historically have different nicknames there and on forum)

1 Like

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah, that explains when you posted the same thing here as on discordā€¦ I knew Iā€™d seen it somewhere.

Thank you for restoring a small portion of my sanity.

1 Like

Confused me a bit too so I figured I would post that just incase that way everyone can see it on both platforms :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.