Monolith Spire keeps discharging regardless of player location

Spires are known to jolt the player when they are too close to them.

On one occasion, there was an echo with 2 Flame Spires. Some time into the play, the first Flame Spire kept jolting even though I was very far from it. As soon as I cast an ability, or the jolt hit me, it would fire its global payload. After 5-6 secs, it returned to jolting.

The same happened to the second spire. I had been using a Ballista (solely this skill with the occasional Shift) with greatly reduced duration.

The output log file got bloated to 30 MB+, with the ā€œzero-surface areaā€ line appended through tens of thousands of lines, so I trimmed it in the attachment: Log File

Video on imgur.

What do you mean ā€œjoltingā€? The spires are supposed to stop firing if you havenā€™t used a skill in the last 4 seconds.

All Spires cast a short-ranged Lightning Blast, when the player is close. Normally it happens when the Spire checks the player location for firing the global payload, as a deterrent, but in this case they spammed the spell, even though I was not in range.

So far in the monos I ran, Spires stayed idle rather than firing off the Lightning Blast with such frequency. This happened on another occasion with another dual Flame Spire setup, so Iā€™m thinking that this only happens with these. Nonetheless, I can return later to see if Spires are supposed to work like that.

1 Like

You learn something new every day. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.