Monolith of Fate Suggestions

In the Monolith of Fate, after completing a timeline, subsequent runs through that same timeline should have a lower stability requirement to complete (perhaps half the stability of the initial run-through) e.g. if the first run-through for a timeline requires 150/450/800 stability for the quest stages, future run-throughs would only take 75/225/400.

Another suggestion would be to have each completed echo within a given timeline add to the base player modifiers for rarity and XP within that timeline. Such that, having completed 45 echoes would give a flat bonus of +45% to rarity and XP (perhaps this bonus would be doubled for legendary timelines.) A corruption node reset of the timeline would also reset this flat bonus. This flat bonus addition might incentivize some players to continue to extend the echo web rather than going for a corruption reset of that timeline.

Both of your suggestions are already accomplished by corruption. As the player gains corruption on a timeline through killing the shade, it increases the stability reward of each echo in the timeline. Corruption also increases both rarity and xp in the timeline.

And the further into the web you go the more stability you get, easily more than double the amount you get at the start by the time you’ve done the quest echoes.

Dont know if this is the right place but, it should be impossible to get level 20 items as level 80 in a level 80 “Monolith of Fate”

Also, Instead of adding more and more modifiers like any other game i feel it should instead take a more interesting direction.

Harder monsters > More monsters.
Use player builds as monsters.
You should be able to do the Monolith of Fate and get a reward that is usable in some way.

Also maybe remove the delevel when skill swap until 1.0 so it can be tested faster. Since alot of skills are not displayed the way they work. Its really hard to test.

I completely disagree with this, at least with how itemization currently works. For instance, if I’m playing a Crit build of some sort, I’d likely want the Copper Ring for its implicit, which is a level 14 base. If that cannot drop at higher levels, I won’t be able to get an upgrade that I’d want.

It may be hard for you to test, but I’m certain that they have plenty of people playing the game that everything is being “tested”. Also I’m unsure what you mean by “Since a lot of skills are not displayed the way they work”?

I have posts about skills that havnt been answered how they work yet, so i can only figure out that its not displayed.

Well a level 14 base should then be upgraded so its a level 14 base with level 80 affexes on
Whats fun about killing a level 82 boss as level 74 getting 2 white and 1 yellow items?

I think the ring & amulet bases would/should be excluded from that since the lower level bases can be just as useful (if not more so) than the higher level bases. I almost exclusively use Gold rings because of the elemental resists.

This is still unclear. The only thread I see is this one How does spells work - #3 by Whitiy , which I believe has been answered by Llama8 . I understand you’re still unclear on the interaction with a particular minion skill, but improvements are always coming with each patch.

There’s no such thing as “level 80 affixes.” I think what you’re trying to say is that you’d like to see “better” (higher tier affixes) on gear that drops.

Yeah, but then that just makes loot more complicated does it not? If you exclude rings/amulets, then that needs to be explained. I’d rather see the gear itself not be gated by level, but would rather see all gear available (story permitting) all the time, and the implicit roll ranges increase as you level until a hard cutoff, say level 75. So at level 74 a Gold ring can roll 3%-16% elemental resist implicitly. At level 75 it can roll from 3% to 18% (or maybe even 4%-18%).

How about making all gear have no level req. but instead the stats / affexes had? That way you will not feel back about finding a level 14 item in level 80, and you can also plan ahead

Havning no level req would also imply crafting more.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.