Monolith maps are for the most part lacking enemies

The leveling process was pretty good as most areas consistently had a good amount of enemies spawn in them. But once you get to monoliths most of the maps feel barren so far.
They could definitely use more spawns or at least have some of the map modifiers add mob density.

Dont think anyone will disagree with you.

I’d go so far as to say that even some of the main quest maps are a little sparse in some places…

My gut feeling is that the devs are likely to address this for 1.0 - tweaking mob numbers up (and down) once the classes & skills are more refined - I figure doing this before the damage etc is balanced across classes will probably mean doing it again later so they are leaving it for now.

ps… Just wait till you get a MoF map with only Wengari (Beastmaster, Matriarch, Patriarch) bosses spawning - actually pretty fun.

I’m not sure I notice much of a density difference between the pre-chapter 7 zones & monolith areas but I wouldn’t say no to more mobs.

I had a monolith once with about 25 Frost Wyrms in it, was a long time ago

The monster composition is strange, its almost like the game rolls a set selection of mobs then randomizes the amounts without a care - some monos have 12 Siege Golems among other mobs, while some have small trash mobs and some monoliths have very little spawn points so they are barren

I forget the names but I think its Willow Marsh and an Imperial era version of a map which is a long road always has high density

I am also getting terrain generation issues where Shrines are spawning inside walls, maps are not matching the terrain and even Forges are spawning half in the wall in that forge fire map

1 Like

Agreed, the spawning composition could do with a bit of a caress.

The last one is a known issue with the Volcanic City map though. Everyone & their dog are posted about it in the bug forum (which is good, but doing a quick search & adding to an existing post is better).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.