Monolith Echo quests / Stability decaying after leaving: is this a bug?

I have noticed that I am losing Stability and Echo quest progress in Monoliths if I leave and come back.

For example, during The Stolen Lance, I had 150 Stability and finished the first two quests when I popped over to the Observatory to pick up some Prophecies. When I can back to TSL Monolith several minutes later, I had 136 Stability and the second quest was mark as incomplete.

Last night, I completed the first Echo quest in Blood, Frost, and Death, but now it’s showing I have 48 Stability and the quest is incomplete.

Is this Stability decay intentional, or is it some kind of bug? The actual Echo nodes themselves haven’t changed, so it seems intentional, but then this kind of discourages one from leaving to do a dungeon or buy Prophecies mid-Monolith run.

If this is happening then it’s a bug and needs to be reported (Bug Reports).

It is a bug, so make sure you report it.

The way around this right now is NOT to leave a Timeline once you have started the quests.
From my experience, the bug only seems to appear if you have completed one or more, but not all Timeline quests.

1 Like

Yeah, this happens ALL THE TIME. If you’re not prepared to do all the quests in succession without interruption, you’ll have to repeat the last one you did.

Ah thx this is useful info.

OK, thanks all. I hope they fix this bug soon, then. Ended up playing a session far longer last night because I didn’t want to lose progress. It’s kind of a buzz kill to have 15 - 30 minutes to play and then realizing effort will be wasted on Monolith progression, so you just don’t bother. :confused: