Monolith bosses changed?

Did I miss some changes to monolith bosses?

I have been through monolith with 8 chars so far and have learned their mechanics quite well by now, well that is up until today where i was trying with my spellblade :

Rayheh : No more Pizza slices or landing strip bombardments…only 3 big circles i had to avoid and that was it ??

Lagon : I have Never died to this boss, as i found the beam pretty easy to avoid because it goes from one side to the other…but now the beam often starts in the middle and theres no way to see if it goes left or right, and i died 7 times in a row to him now.

Am I imagining things or did they change the bosses recently?

No, there’s not been any changes (as far as I’m aware).

Might be bugs, I suggest doing a report.

You can bug Rahyeh with chill and another cc so it skips mechanics. Beam sounds like normal behaviour.

Fear bugs Lagon out, might have the same effect on Rahyeh as well.

Thanks, that makes sense then (i knew it wasnt the mushrooms i had eaten), and it also took care of the problem with Lagon cause when i removed my ice ward (which also was specced to cast frost nova) everything seemed normal again and i beat him easily.

Im hesitant to do a bug report tho as i cant say for sure if it was the ice ward or just me being in “frustration mode” that caused it :grinning:

You should probably try lagon with chill to see what happens then report it if it’s a bug with chill like it is with fear.

It did seem like it was the ice ward with chill and frost nova that made him shoot the beam in ways so i couldnt read it, but as mentioned i cant say with 100% certainty.

I would really like to test again if i could start the fight over, but as i have to start the mono from beginning, i think im gonna have to pass

Or you could give the campaign version a go since they are mechanically identical.

I might, even tho im very sure a community “tester” is muuuch better at that hehe :upside_down_face:

And if I weren’t busy testing other things I would.

1 Like

Yea i was just joking. Anyways im not really sure how to test this, as its not really a clearly visible difference with the ice ward on, but rather that it “felt” different to avoid his beams.
I think to get a clear answer on this one should have an immortal char that could stand and observe very precisely his rythm and take the ward on and off.
But as I havent heard others complain about this im beginning to think it was just me who were “tilted”.

I am an accountant, what is this “humour” you talk of? Is it similar the “love” that you earthlings mention so frequently?

2 Likes

Might be, Im a martian, so when i say “i come in peace” with love when meeting earthlings its often considered humoristic

You’re an accountant and haven’t quantified “love” yet? N00b. :slight_smile:

At the risk of incurring the unending (but not frozen) ire of the exalted & purple Sarno, love can cost anything from ~£20 a pop up to life in prison (long story).

ION: Fear (& chill apparently) can bork certain monolith bosses…

I can confirm that Rahyeh loses two of his abilities (the pie and the bombardment) when he is chilled. I have made a bug post on it. I’m not sure about Lagon though.

1 Like

Ive been testing Lagon a few times today with various chars, and it doesnt seem the chill/freeze affects his beam as i thought, but it was rather the difference in chars (mainly melee) that made me die.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.