Monolith boss required stability

Good day all,
In my search for some boss-drop uniques i am getting somewhat frustrated by certain items not dropping and then having to get 800 or 900 stability for another chance at the monolith boss.
IMO this is too high, if you dont have all day to play the time to gear is way too long, especially in cycle.
I suggest lowering the boss stability required in empowered monoliths to around 600-650. This this requires some time spent in echoes so you wont spam bosses all day long.
Let’s hear what you think is the ideal stability for bosses.

1 Like

i get around 140 stability each echo.

what corruption are you on?

I am now at 260 corruption, i need boss items to progress further. This corruption gives 30-34 base stability and 60-70 bonus if i fill the meter. Lets say on average 60 stability per echo.

Care to tell me how you end up with 140?

i am on 733 corruption
i have 42 + 86 bonus at start, just goes up from there.
2nd echo 42 + 86
3rd echo 43 + 88
4th echo 45 + 92

after doing 4 echos from start, i would have 524 stability.

at 527 corruption it seems the same as 733, i guess it stops increasing around 500, im not sure about the end nodes, the highest one i have at the moment on 527 corruption, is 54+112 and its not even at the end.

basically you fight a boss at most every 9-10 echos, less as you go further out, as you can see from the numbers above.

This is my point, if you cant spend hours a day you wont reach 500+ corruption. I need to do 15 echoes for 1 shot at a boss, taking me an hour and a half each time. It is too slow for the casual player.

This. Mono boss farms, especially low corruption, is the most frustrating, slog experience in aRPGs ever. At least looking at how crucial they are for progression.

Halving stability requirement would work. But they should really make this endgame more interesting and varied. There should be special drops, mini quests and invasion mobs (like D4 Butcher) rewarding extra stability, stability boosts from shrines, maybe gear that boosts stability gains, special echos with difficulty spikes or multiple layers that max stability immediately, etc.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree. This would make monoliths and farming less tedious. I just took a break from this game, basically due to this and a few other things. RNG has NOT been my friend (hey, that’s just the way it goes) and I got tired of running the same monolith bosses again and again and again with no luck just to fail at legendary mashing when I FINALLY did get what I wanted with any LP.

Maybe copy/paste your post into the Feedback/suggestion portion of the forum? Just want to make sure you get heard and such.

Buy them at Merchant Guild. Almost every unique in the game can be bought on demand at 0LP for 0 gold. There are only very few exceptions and those are only a few thousand gold.

Where are you physically in the monolith? Staying as far away from centre gives better stability. So kill the boss more and the Shade less, so you reset the mono less often.

its a game, not a job.
if you dont have the time, then you wont be fired, nor will you lose out, because you simply did not have the time.

firstly, the game doesnt have balance with what it already does have and just adding more content does not solve the balance issues. it will just give people more things to complain about.

secondly, you do know that with each and every single 1 corruption increase, both enemy health and damage increases by roughly 1%. so, if you do not have the speed to clear 300 corruption how long will it take for 500?, because that will be roughly 200% increase to enemy health and damage.

the stability boss is not the only way to increase corruption, it is done through a series of nodes and then you fight a Shade.

the fastest way to increase corruption is by just going in a somewhat straight line away from the starting point in the monolith, fight the stability boss when you can, but dont focus on that.

The are not crucial for progression.

Either way, buy at Merchant Guild, this takes less time to do than it took to make the post you made, and will cost 0g as I said above.

Or are you about to claim that 3LP is also crucial for progression?

1 Like

The biggest factor in the time required is not the stability, but your clear speed. If it is starting to feel too slow, you have possibly reached the point where further corruption will be counter-productive because your reduced clear speed from tougher enemies is negating any advantage of pushing further.

Every build hits its brick wall somewhere. It’s a matter of being able to recognise it when it happens.

At that point you either stop pushing and grind better gear, or make an Alt and start again, or just accept the challenge and keep going, in the knowledge your corruption pushing speed is going to be extremely slow from there (and possibly very frustrating).

This is an endgame system. I am fine with it being too slow for the casual player. If it wasn’t, imagine what it would feel like to the non-casual player. I am puzzled why you think that an endgame system like pushing corruption to high levels would be fast for a casual player. That would totally devalue it as a long-term activity.

1 Like

who does bonusstability? except from arenas…

Some people play CoF, so buying stuff at MG won’t help.
I think there is a post already about lack of CoF bonuses for boss drops and that may tie into that.
Maybe current stability requirement would be acceptable if drop rate on bosses were higher?
That’s just my legacy CoF perspective :slight_smile: I would welcome improvements in this regard for CoF, but i’m doing ok so far.

every single echo has bonus stability.

it goes away if you die before completing it.

Boss drops can be build-enabling though, I suspect that is what he’s refering to.

I think he was mocking the viewpoint that isn’t OMGGOTTAGOFAAAAAAAAAAAAASTZOOOOOOOOOM.

or he has died in every echo that isnt an arena.

If the journey through the echo was interesting/exciting, I wouldn’t find the length of the journey tedious. But it’s not. 9-10 echo’s just to be able to face the boss again is too much for me to do more than once or twice. I think the first time through can be longer, especially if there was lore in the nodes, after that, I think 3 is what we should be looking at.

And I think there should be better nodes to hunt for in the echo. Not the rewards, specifically, but the node types need to be more interesting. Arena and off screen turrets I find boring and annoying.

Anyone saying, “just buy it!”, is… playing for reasons that are so different from the reasons than I’m playing that I find them incomprehensible.

afaik you just get the bonus stability when you reach the goal of killing enough monsters, right? In a non-arena echo I nearly never reach that goal, so no bonus stability for me, right?

No, you will always get some bonus stability. If you kill everything you get the full bonus, but if you just kill some, you get only some of the bonus stability, but you do get it.

I just tested this on a fresh mono. I had 16 stability to start with. Echo gave 10 to 32. I got 11/22 bonus stability at the end of the echo and was left with 37 stability total.
You can see that this works this way because the echo information at the bottom right says “Up to X bonus stability”.

Yeah, as you kill mobs you get bonus stability. You don’t even need to kill everything to get the max bonus.