Monolith blessing awards retained

I found that it is killing me when I decided to change my blessing awards. I need to go over and over in the monolith, rolling for the one blessing I need for an upgrade to my gear or change build each and everytime, for more I have to roll it to a near-max stats, it just kills hrs of playing.

Well, I still get roots while doing this, but the at the end would not satisfy me because 90% of the time I dont get to change my blessing to what I need.

In my experience and an example, I roll a 70% cri avoid blessing now, but then when I have to test another upgrade of gears, I found that cri avoid is not as good as it was, if I roll another like 20% all resis instead. It will just kill me for choosing this and that, why not just leave it in the chars blessing inventory, every time I choose one, and the other blessings I already had before will just go into my inventory for a future change?

imaging many chars I am going to play, imaging how many times I have to do the same thing over and over, it is not so fun while I m thinking about it.

As someone who has many chars and has run monoliths many times to respect Blessings… I can agree that its tedious…

BUT…

what is the alternative? Perhaps running each monolith X number of times to “earn” each blessing would be a good start but what about the RNG rolls & swapping blessings on demand… it would be OP if you could just swap blessings out with the best roll whenever you wanted to…

Its the same as the skill gate right now… if you remove a point in a skill you have to re-earn it… This is really easy to do, but if it was not there, then it would be OP to change skill specs for single boss fights etc…

So… yes, running monos is tedious but what would you suggest as an alternative?

2 Likes

I would suggest what the OP suggested, just not as extreme. With all the optional end game systems being pitched, spending this much time in the mono’s doesn’t seem realistic. So, current system regarding blessing, imo with current knowledge, won’t hold up.

Perhaps the mono tree can start droppinng blessing items (rare of course) that would allow a ‘choice’ in blessings from the second clear on. Not OP, still need to work on it a great deal f time, and uhh, well thats all I got atm. :slight_smile:

Excess dots aside, why would it be OP? You still have to ‘get’ that drop, the one you’re going for. Then it has to be a decent roll (if one cares about this). Just seems this doesn’t even compare to the example of respeccing skill points. Very different worlds imo.

Ill think on this more. Its an interesting thing to try and solve things like this lol.

Well… Lets say you ran monoliths and got max rolls of two blessings like :
Grand Greed of Darkness (22 Health Gain on Kill) and Grand Strength of the Mountain (22 Health Gain on Block)

Then you have run a whole bunch of maps killing mobs and are now going to a boss fight and realise that the on Kill is not going to help, so your respec just before the fight to on Block.

This would then give you an instant improvement going from a mob killing spec to a single target boss spec…

This is identical to what EHG games has said that they dont want people to be able to do with skills (and showcased by the skill gate & the random removal of skill points from unequipped +# gear)

I like the blessing change “drop” idea - i.e. something that allows you to change a blessing on the fly but only after you have found or earned it… but I would suggest to prevent abuse that these drops be one time only… i.e. you earn it, but it allows you only one change… then you have to earn/find it again to make another… If they made this take less time than it would to re-run a monolith (on average) then this could be useful…

1 Like

I agree the OP swap blessings thing, but has to do something make the blessing runs less tedious.

How about making a blessing rewards collection thing at the end of each boss fight, so that players get to choose after a fight is ended, the blessing collection thing will only shows current blessings you already have earned with their stats you roll the highest before(including new blessings you earned this run,with random stats), then the “OP” option is solved. We still have to run a whole boss fight but not just many times in changing one blessing.

Apologies. I wasn’t very good at explaining. Been a rough night lol.

There is no respec on the fly. I view it like this:

Run mono, get blessing 1st time.

Not the one you want, so continue farming mono.

Since mono has been cleared, chance for item to drop allowing a choice for the blessing after killing the boss ‘from the second time onward.’ There can be none of this before the first kill, ensuring players do it as intended.

What if each monolith remembered the highest blessing rolls received so far? On each completion, the blessings would be offered as before, but any roll less than the max received on earlier runs would be set to that instead. Functionally, rerunning a monolith would upgrade its blessing values over time and make later switching easier.

So… mashing everyones ideas together…

1. Run a minimum number of completed monoliths unlocks all blessings (.e.g. there are 13 blessings, 3 new blessings per run means that after 5 complete runs you will have all blessings).

2. Any subsequent runs of monos will only have improved stats based on your exising blessings - i.e. every run will improve at least 1 (or a max of X) of the blessings you already have. In this scenario, you cannot get a blessing you already have with a lesser roll value. (this may need blessings to have much reduced chance of high rolls to start - which might not be nice). This one is tricky…

3. After completing a Monolith timeline once & receiving a random blessing set, any subsequent runs will allow a CHOICE of any blessing. In this scenario you will be able to get the blessing you want or keep chosing the same blessing for a better roll…

4. Have some sort of “earned” item or xp that after finding or earning enough points - you can then use it to change any blessing you have already unlocked - but gated in some way to prevent ad-hoc blessing changes… Perhaps this could actually use normal XP so you take longer to level if you keep changing your blessings (obviously never reducing XP below the current level min requirement). This would not require running a monolith timeline to change the blessing… so would need to be carefully weighted - i.e. how difficult would it need to be vs running a monolith timeline from start to finish.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for summarizing :slight_smile:

I think these are all good basic blueprints for something if EHG wanted to toy around. Thanks everyone!

There is already a great idea here:

good to know thanks

Would rather recommend 10,000,000 gold or a whole character level here.

Or at the very least (this one makes almost the most sense to me):
The Blessing which you have just replaced by another already found, you have to play / search again in the Monolith.

Or:
If you replace a Blessing with another one, all other already found Blessings of the respective monolith expire, you have to find them all again in the monolith afterwards.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.