MOF Resistances

Is there a list of preferred resistance types for the MOF? EG: the first one seems obvious in that the mobs are using necrotic and The Black Sun appears to need void. Wondering if anyone has written up a list of all of them. TIA

Among other things, here you can read everything regarding your request:

EDIT:
Oh, at least I thought so. The pages of the “bosses” are not yet clickable… phew.

EDIT 2:
Ok, under “Boss Fight & Loot” you will still see their respective damage type. :sweat_smile:

Very useful resource thanks although it doesn’t answer my question directly. What it does list is the damage type the boss does which I suppose can be extrapolated to the mobs on the way there

The “normal enemies” are always random in the monoliths, even if I sometimes think I can make out certain focus points.
→ Just always turn up all the resistances. If a few percent are missing in a damage class, it’s usually not a complete disaster.

Armor also compensates for a lot of things.

1 Like

Well not sure I agree with that. If you look at Fall of the Outcasts the lion’s share of the mobs are from the Imperial Era which is necrotic and the Black Sun has Void enemies by the dozens. I agree in that trying to have all resistances covered is the way to go but if you’re to overbuff one, because those mobs can strip resistances, then it makes sense to go with the prevalent damage type.

You could do it with all resistances with the right setups. On the end it’S all about EHP, no matter how you reach it. And the little bit of “shred” rarely bothers me, especially since most resistances usually contain something over 75% anyway.

What is your goal with regard to the initial question? Do you want to dress your characters extra for each monolith? You could do that.

1 Like

Yes being aware of the resistance type helps and the whole reason for asking is I’m currently running a Void Knight who has experienced the “resistance shred” several times in the last few days, especially with some of the new mobs from Act 9. I’ve had 130% fire resistance mean nothing with those big ones that completely block out the whole screen with fire blasts. (hint hint devs the visuals seriously need to be toned down on this one).

Shreds only half affect bosses and players with a maximum of 20 instances each (and need to hit you - dots can’t hit you).
Example: Shred Fire Resistance Ailment

Are you sure it was Shred that caused you problems?
→ Because often players have this impression, although they were actually killed by Damage over Time - which bypasses the armor, Dodge, GB and Block.

1 Like

I’ve had shreds resistance come up with minor bosses in the campaign so…

1 Like

In conclusion (I’m going to sleep now): EHP Calculator

Click on “Non-physical Damage” here on the right and make sure that these values are all quite high (lowest value is your weak point and good for “taking naps”).

Good night.

Cheers! Thx for all your input. Hope you have a good sleep, just 5 pm here lol :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t recall ever seeing a shreds fire resistance, honestly. Most of the time it’s just armor, sometimes poison shred on the one swarm keeper boss in Ch 9.

Funny you know I was just doing the Lagon MOf and a low level ice guy had the shreds cold resistance written right there. It is not restricted to bosses.

So it does! But I wasn’t trying to say it was restricted to bosses, just that it’s a super, super uncommon debuff, and generally less threatening than the mobs that just murder you straight up.

LOL yeah the comment was more directed at the other poster but now that I’ve noticed I am finding it a lot more often than I thought.

oh cool, thx for pointing it out, kindda helpful tho.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.