Moderators are now silencing people for talking about the state of the game and recent controversy with profane veil

You can sue them non the less because where I’m from a contract that isn’t allowing me to sue the other contract party is against the law and not leagaly binding.

Steam is a gaming distribution platform. In no leagal document I can google they have a “review site” entry.

Steam and EHG can have their own rules as long as they don’t disobey the law of the countries they are working in.

And this is simply not true. I am almost 100% sure the problem is neither on your nor on EHG’s side. Town and other zones may have different IP addresses and thus your ISP may route your TCP packages differently. Please perform a packet trace and you will see that there is a Sub-SP with high packet loss at their routers resulting in high latency for you. It’s just such a common problem which must be solved by your internet SP.

Edit: I am refering to “8oms lag only occurs with bad servers”, not the WIFI part which is an obvious problem itself.

Are you aware of what you actually exchanged your money for? TLDR, you didn’t buy a game, like you might buy a physical object, you bought a license to use the software.

I don’t know what you did or did not say, but that’s what toxic people say as much as non-toxic people… Given the devs have been getting death threats, are you surprised if they may take a more hardline approach?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, that explains a few things…

It’s also there to give people a timeout, like you do with errant children who keep on misbehaving, which from the sounds of it, you were.

You’re assuming the opinions are valid. If I tried to play LE on dial up & then complained about it, would that be valid? Would it be “the game’s fault”?

Take them to court then.

When you say wifi, do you mean that your router/modem doesn’t have a physical connection to the network, or that you have a copper/fibre connection to the router/modem in your house/flat/whatever & then a wifi connection to the pc that you play LE on?

Um, no? When you’re in a town, you’re with a group of other people so everyone needs to be sent data about everyone else (what items the have equipped, where they are, etc). When you’re in a mono, you only get data regarding your character & the mobs. Whether people are in normal or empowered monos will have no effect.

They probably muted you for this or this one.

Is it though? Has it ever been challenged in court?

They chose the temp ban option 'cause courts are expensive.

1 Like

Immoral contracts exist in the USA as well. And there is the severability clause - Salvatorische Klausel in Germany.
Steam as a store certainly has different legal obligations than this forum or the ingame chat.

So if anyone has a few ten thousand dollars minimum to sue Valve or EHG - good luck.

Even your ISP can’t exactly control the whole line of forwarding to the destination of your precious UDP packets. That’s one disadvantage of the cloud concept of the internet.

But people who experience bad connections while other people can play relatively fine should try a traceroute before complaining about bad servers. If the bottleneck is the server, it will show.

1 Like

This is correct, but your ISP can contact contracted companies and achieve some improvements. Took my ISP (Deutsche Telekom) around 2 weeks to resolve my PoE related issues after I sent them all the package dumps. My VPN (Wireshark) worked also really well for the duration to improve my ping from 100ms-1000ms to 12ms.

I like how this post was supposed to talk about devs deleting criticism from the forums and has devolved to talking about wifi and canadian internet connection. :clown_face:

Reeking of self-centeredness this one.

Fair enough, but it doesn’t invalidate the part where they have the right the ban you.
Suing them is still a fruitless endeavor anyway, because as long as the penalties are explained, or referred to, in their terms of use, they are within their legal rights to do so, as there is no law requiring them to grant you a platform afaik. Considering Steam is a US company and thus has a right to refuse service, it’s actually up to the OP to prove discriminatory behaviour as defined by law.

And I can’t even find “game distribution platform” in Google either, but I think any court would agree that that is exactly what Steam (also) does. On top of the user authentication services, forums and game reviews.

I am neither a lawyer or anywhere near Delaware (assuming Steam has its legal headquarters there), the point I was trying to make was that if you agree to reasonable terms of use, then there are consequences for being a cunt and no lawsuit is gonna change that. And if you seriously consider suing Steam for penalizing you over a review, then yes, I feel calling that person cunt is the proper term.

Because courts assume innocence, any contract is technically legally binding unless successfully challenged. But hey, don’t let that stop OP from making such a historic precedent, right?

1 Like

It wasn’t about deleting anything in the forum, it was about being muted ingame - probably after several warnings from the mod.

Reading through this forum for the past couple of weeks, I think EHG has an admirable stance of letting people make some rather unfair and insulting comments about them and not deleting it. Like that first post this OP ever made on this forum.

1 Like

I mean, if we’re being completely transparent here, 99.999999999999999999% of people who come to forums crying about being unfairly banned/silenced/whatnot, were breaking the rules. We’ve seen it time and again. Someone who was unfairly banished, and followed the rules, would continue to follow the rules, and contact support. Not run to a forum, looking to gain support for their position, without any proof whatsoever.

2 Likes

if you were silenced for 24 hours, you broke a rule :slight_smile:

In the vast majority of cases i finds that your right. It is unfortunate how we never have logs from both sides at same time. Someone will with hold something somewhere, time for us all to become AI.

Warning, reading this could bore you to death. Two quotes from the EULA.

Spoil the gaming experience of other players by constantly arguing in chat (which is purely an educated guess that the mod interpreted the events as such), and you broke a rule. I don’t expect a mod to read and memorize the EULA. Or that the customer does this. Barely anyone ever reads that stuff - and yet, it sometimes would be smart to do so.

Having read any one EULA gives a person usually a pretty good idea about a baseline that you’ll find in almost every EULA. So finding these sections came to no surprise to me.

Edit: with you, I don’t mean you personally, just to make it clear. :wink:

Yep, it’s usually “just talking about bugs”… but forgetting to mention, “…and I might have let a few racial slurs go, at people who didn’t agree with me…” kind of thing.

I agree that my first post may have been knee-jerk reaction and I was out of line for saying it but I am only human and I do this because I love the game not because I hate it. I’ve been very invested into this game ever since release as I have over 200h put into it already…

Anyways as for this post moderators, feel free to lock it as I have nothing further to add to the discussion and the ban has passed anyways.

2 Likes

Why would anyone omit anything that would make them look bad in a place such as a forum? Unheard of!

We’ve all been there…

The irony here, of course, is that you’re stating on LE’s forum that moderators are silencing people, but you’ve not been silenced yet. Any suggestions why that is the case, OP?

1 Like

I agree that my first post may have been knee-jerk reaction and I was out of line for saying it but I am only human and I do this because I love the game not because I hate it.

Next time switch on your brain before running your mouth and we’ll all be better off for it.

1 Like

And there we have it. Admission that you were warned, at least twice, reasonably, before being muted.

By your own words, I can already tell this was justified and you weren’t the innocent victim that you make out to be. I have a feeling you’re one of those “everyone else is the problem, not ME, I can say whatever I want without consequences” types.

Grow up, accept accountability and move on, stop acting like a child.

4 Likes