Missing Characters after logging in

Hey there!

I’ve had this happen a couple of times now since the introduction of the Rogue class. I first made a rogue shortly after it came out and stopped playing for a bit, came back and the character was gone. It’d been a while, so I thought “maybe” I imagined it, though I was pretty sure I’d played the class – then as I created a new one, I was sure of it.

Then it happened again, and I thought that was really weird. I don’t see any current character limit, so I was a bit miffed. I started playing a new mage, got them up to above 25 and made into a Sorcerer, was having fun… and then made a new rogue, played it… then just logged in again today and my level 25 or whatever Sorcerer was gone!! With all the good gear I had on him, I was quite miffed.

The only thing I’d done is update the game client itself (going from version E to G) via Steam. No windows updates, no restore point (I’m on Windows) nothing. I’m guessing that it’s updating the client via Steam, but I need someone to take a look at the log and verify/dispute!

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Log file: Player.log (13.3 KB)

also logged in after a while today,
just to find all my characters are missing now.

haven’t played in a while, but I’m sure I logged in when the new “dmg tooltip” patch was introduced…

I changed my mainboard&cpu yesterday, could this be the reason? *

or is it one of the recent patches? (or a char wipe in general that I didn’t read about…)

*I haven’t reinstalled windows, just plugged all drives back in onto the new MB, and everything worked fine after installing new drivers…

just Last Epoch chars are missing now, and on first launch today, it also changed back to some “default” game settings, which also means it started up in a very small window instead of whatever I had chosen before.

Hey, Welcome to the forum…

The savegames are all local to the system in your hidden AppData folder on Windows… So anything that affected these folders will affect your savegames - there is nothing saved to EHG servers at the moment. I.e. anything that removes or overwrites the folder will mean the characters are gone forever…

If you are using Steam cloud saves, its possible something went wrong with it as well.

Doing a motherboard & CPU update is quite an upgrade and not something I would personally do without reinstalling windows (there are so many underlying drivers on a motherboard that whenever I have done this before it has either messed up entirely or caused driver conflicts or performance issues ). You didnt say what OS you are using either so I cannot say for sure.

This would indicate that either the last epoch folder was removed or something else that made LE think that it was a new installation… You said you had not logged in a while… how long is a while? Did you create a new OS user - remember the savegames are stored in the C:\Users[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\ (On windows) So if you change user then LE will assume that you have never played before…

ty for your reply,
yes it sure would have been better to make a backup manually first, did so for all other things,
but forgot about Last Epoch.

No idea what went wrong but thanks for the hint regarding save file location,
will try to remember that next time, in case I’ll do a fresh install of win 10 in the near future…

at least since there are barely any other reports regarding lost save games recently,

I’m pretty sure now it was an error on my end :slight_smile:

Honestly couldve been anything… Backups yip - always good…

Just a suggestion - before grinding away a new char or three… create a few new ones and level them up a little and then shutdown the game and restart steam and LE again to see that they are still there… this way you can make sure things are fine again…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.