Minions AI

I’ve been playing minionmancer (necro) and i feel like the minions are kinda ‘‘dumb’’ i’ve purely gone for Archers and they kinda hit melee, they need to be on your side to shoot, they don’t shoot enemies if they’re not really close to you. i think the AI behind minions need to improve a little, Don’t need to be something like POE where minions hit the entire screen, but something like the Diablo 3 minions, that they attack stuff close to them before moving, and they only move to you if they are really far behind.

Damage and sustain is not something that bothers me, this is an easy tweak. but the minion AI makes the class really bad ATM.

1 Like

This topic already was discussed in numerous threads.

Devs are aware of this and working on it.

The Wolf of the primalist already has a prototype AI they implemented a while ago to get see how the wolv behaves.

It’s just a matter of time and on one of the latest dev streams it sounded like we are getting it rather soon. (Maybe next patch or the one after that?)

To get around this a bit, you should use the minion attack command extensively - usual binding is [A].

I’ve bound it on my mouse thumb button and use it like it was an active skill.

Not only can you command them walking in front of you instead of following far behind, it really helps focusing down the enemies.

Looking forward to improving minion AI, though.

I can vouch for the wolf AI, it’s the best right now. I’m currently playing with a wolf companion and they are very protective of you and are aggressive with the enemies. I think the only thing missing with them at this time is the option to decide how aggressive they are.
The devs have done a great job with the wolves and I’m looking forward to the rest being updated.

1 Like

Thanks guys, i’m just new to the game and really love Minion builds on Action RPG. I’ve just tought to post my feedback over this :smiley:

Thanks for the reply over this matter, really appreciate the help and the suggestions provided.

1 Like

sadly Aluk_EHG in game just said it wont be fixed till 8.3 so disaapointed i was for sure they were gonna fix in in 8.2. oh well 3 more months for minion ai fix, so sad

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.