Minion Damage Bonuses Question(s)

Just need clarification.

Affixes or other item bonuses that state “+X Minion Damage”, or “X% Increased Minion Damage” does not appear to affect Storm Crows.

I equipped two of the Pebbles items which together give +48% Minion Damage, but my crows are not showing increased damage at the dummy. And yes, I did re-summon them after equipping the items.

Is this by intent or a bug? I was under the impression that any affix or item with “Minion Damage” meant any type of damage for all minions. The items do increase Wolves’ damage as expected.

Thanks in advance.

I just tried your exact same setup and it works as intended.

How much %inc. minion damage do you already have while testing this?
If you already have some %inc. damage, it might be hard to tell the difference of the increased damage.

Especially because hits in LE have a +/- 25% damage range.

did a quick check myself too… Two pebbles items gives a 48% Minion Damage increase … If you have taken Beastmaster - then you get minon 50% increase for melee too… So its really easy to see the increase for Wolves who are melee vs Crows who are spell… And the Pebble set items give flat melee damage so its even more of a boost for melee…

So my gut feeling is that @Heavy may be right and your damage may be too small to “see” the difference for the Crow spell attack…

Crows
Before equipping:
%inc minion damage (IMD) = 141%, inc minion spell damage (IMSD) = 253%
After equipping: IMD = 174%, IMSD = 286%.

Wolves:
Before: %inc melee damage and %inc physical damage = 141%
After: %inc melee damage and %inc physical damage = 174%

Agreed neither increase from the items is substantial, but the numbers at the dummy were the same for the crows (pre and post equip) but noticeably higher for the wolves.

And due to the lack of any kind of combat log or DPS meter, I could only rely on my eyes. I recorded low numbers, and high numbers, and for the wolves both were noticeably higher, not so for the crows, which included Crowstorm which was between (roughly) 990 and 1300 both with and without Pebbles. Did not count Crits.

I am also still pre-Mastery selection (L24).

@Vapourfire - you’re right, the Pebbles give +3 cold melee and +3 fire melee, so are you saying that’s what’s giving me the noticeable increase in their damage?

My assumption has always been that anything boosting minion damage boosted all types of damage (physical, melee, spell, elemental, etc).

Not a really big deal anyway since the Pebbles set is really for an Acolyte with minions, but I would frankly expect to see noticeably larger numbers at the dummy for the Crows. 48% isn’t exactly chopped liver :blush:

Thanks for the responses.

Yes the flat damage, plus the overall lower %inc. damage for minion melee dmg made the different more noticeable for wolves.

So yes it works for crows, but its not really notcieable in your setup

Flat damage (flat anything really) in LE is King… Easy to get increased damage but X% increase on nothing is still nothing… :wink:

Understood.

What I also forgot to mention is that in the Storm Crow tree I’ve got 5/5 in Fulminating Caw, so they’re getting 150% of my Primalist’s Lightning damage, which (globally) is 180%, so I suppose the Pebbles bonuses are further buried.

I’d pay real money for some kind of DPS meter … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.