Minion Bleed

So i’m using the Unique Doublet of Onos Tull which grants bleed to minions and bleed length and using the bear companion which has a bleed chance from a skill. I’m wondering does this just not show up in the minion stat panel or is it not working.

Hey…

Firstly… the wiki is outdated… I would not recommend using it…
Try https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/ or https://www.lastepochtools.com/db/
They are MUCH better. The in-game help is also better for other general info.

As to your question… There are lots of stats which dont yet show up on the character sheets. the Devs add/chop/change them with each patch… Unless you can see that its not working with testing in play (log a bug report if you do), I wouldnt worry about it for now.

:wink:

That’s because the affix on the chest is “minion bleed chance on hit” which is not added to the “minion bleed chance” line in the character screen (which is being reworked) since they are different modifiers.

And there isn’t a “bleed duration” line on the character screen.

ok so bleed chance and bleed chance on hit are 2 separate things??? how else could a minion cause bleed if not on a hit? Or is it causing the minion itself to bleed?

It’s just the way the character screen is coded. I would assume that because “minion bleed chance” is not identical to “minion bleed on hit” (despite them doing exactly the same thing) that the latter is not added to the former in the character screen.

I presume that this oddity will be corrected when the character screen is updated (no idea when this will happen, the devs are “working on it”, but I’m always hopeful that we’ll see it sooner rather than later).

ok thanks, so they work together at least as will both benefit from bleed duration that’s all I really needed to know

Yes, though I’m not sure bleed duration is a particularly useful affix as I believe that it just spreads the damage ticks out over a longer time (so instead of 1 tick every 1s, with +10% duration they’d be every 1.1s).

I dont know the specific mechanics of the bleed duration, but i believe its one of the best affixes for bleed builds.

I tested a wolf with 100% chance to bleed, and with the armor (139%duration) it almost doubled the tic damage (80-90%), because with the armor it would tic approximately 20 times, and without only 10 times(which doesnt really makes sense with 139% tho), thus allowing bleed to be stacked alot more.

But if all it’s doing is compressing the same damage into a smaller timeframe then that doesn’t make it better, it’s not doing more damage. The only ailment that benefits from more stacks (& that would therefore benefit from having the damage spread out over a longer duration allowing for more stacks to actually give more damage) is poison. That could do with a bit of testing but I’m sure the devs said that ailment duration effects just spread the ticks over a different duration so the damage was the same.

Just tested again, and theres quite a big damage increase :

ex1 :
-wolf with 100% bleed chance from idols, hitting 10 times on dummy :
-tics are approx 200 dmg (the first tic after the hits), and it tics 10 times after

ex2 :
-wolf with 100% bleed chance when i have chest on (60% from idols/40% from chest), hitting 10 times on dummy :
-tics are approx 300 dmg (first tic after the hits), and it tics 20 times after

-results with 20 hits :
ex 1 : 200 tic dmg, 10 tics
ex 2: 500 tic dmg, 20 tics

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.