Mid-Cycle Balance Survey Recap

Great work!

Thank you for sharing! I think this survey method works.

I love the way you communicate with us, and also love your game. With this kind of attitude towards your players I expect a great future for this game and many new players to come!

1 Like

So, great communication. The results of the survey are definitely not surprising.

I am definitely not happy with the leaderboard solution though. I don’t understand why you don’t just purge the entries for bugged builds that you fixed.

Using timestamps is sketchy because many people legitimately that got their high score during but they are still competing with the bugged ones.

Ideally the bugs caught before a cycle are released are more highly prioritized as these recent bug builds had been reported for quite some time.

1 Like

You are really great this is how a gaming studio should communicate and listen to their players. Every other gaming studio could learn something from you. I believe you are on a right direction with this altitude to become top ARPG in a genre (for me you already are…)

The official site used to show at least 100 rankings in beta, iirc.
So the data is there, it just currently isn’t being shown in-game. Them choosing not to show a giant-ass list doesn’t mean they don’t record your Rank if you would have gotten 51st, there is no proof of that. Again, nothing to do with design philosophy, just how data is shown ingame (or on 3rd party sites)

If you don’t understand that data may exist without it currently being visible, I can’t comprehend it for you.

I won’t even dare read the comments because there surely be the usual very small vocal minority (as the pool showed) that will complain like babies.

Good stuff, great outcome from the community. It’s a balanced decision and overall makes sense considering that even the mildly over-performing might get patched anyway at the end of a cycle, so it’s a matter of patches in 1-2 weeks vs 3-4 months, not “patches vs non-patched ever”.

Keep being open and listen to community feedback EHG. You are doing great, and this shows also what kind of feedback can be safely ignored that might be erroneously appeared as majority when reading Reddit or the forums.

1 Like

Bro there are people in this thread who have been quoted the post that says “Our stance on balance changes isn’t set in stone” minimum 3 different times
Still saying that they feel misled because EGH’s stance on balance changes seemed set in stone.
Nothing will ever convince these people they were wrong for thinking that, or that the majority disagree with them, it’ll always be “the loud minority” even when they’re outnumbered 3:1.

1 Like

Please consider not using google for your surveys in the future. This prevents privacy conscious people from participating. Thank you.

1 Like

I am once again asking for an official stance or even a similar survey or something like that to address the issue of severely underperforming skills. Nerfs being this heavily discussed and adjusted with so much direct community involvement is amazing, but I feel like the discussion about what to do with skills, items and specs that are severely underperforming compared to even the average should be happening as well.

Pure speculation says that developing, balancing and testing such fixes takes too much time, which would be perfectly understandable, but I’d like to hear that officially, if it’s the case.

I kind of wish we had some balance changes during Cycle i’ll be real, i’m fine for future cycles if the balance is more finely tuned prior but for this one the newer masteries are so vastly superior i feel the older ones could at least use some numerical help.

Uhm wasn’t the survey only for highly overperforming bugs? This reads like you want to work on everything that is highly overperforming even if it isn’t a bug.

Can we also have an identical survey with just the word underperforming in place of the word overperforming?

Thanks.

hehe this is similar to my answers. Fixing bugs is nobrainer. Not changing non bug skills in the middle is also my prefernce and i dont care about ladder so i checkd, dont know :slight_smile:

Read it again, I don’t think you parsed it right the first time.

I am not sure if this was discussed yet, but I think the purposed solution has a problem when you add a filter to it.

Legit players that didn’t have played after the date of the fix won’t appear in the leaderboards after the filter is applied. You might end up in a situation where people might manipulate the leaderboards to claim positions they don’t actually have.

In the era of streaming, bad information can make a game look bad. It is also very easy to spread false allegations, etc… For now this is not the case, but the competitive scene tends to be a popular topic in these mediums.

Personally, I don’t care about leaderboards, but pretty sure competitive players do. Besides, because of that future features to leaderboards, like cosmetic rewards or any other stuff that could be related with how far you go up may become a problem really quick… Or always needs to be time gated or something like that.

I don’t have a solution for this, but I advise reviewing how this will happen and how to mitigate above problems.

How about fixing the detailed search function of the exchange before patching the balance?
Are you doing localization?
Please don’t keep looking at other parts.
Please keep your promise first

Yup you are right I completely missed the plot here :rofl:

Absolutely, I’d be as equally happy to say it the other way, it just depends on how one wishes to message the statistics to fit one’s preconceptions. Statistics don’t lie but liars use statistics, after all…

People who don’t mind it either way should simply be taken out of the equation because they don’t care about either. So it would boil down to what the 1-2 and 4-5 people want for this survey. If someone don’t care about a specific point and says so it’s obvious from my point of view that their input isn’t meaningfull to the topic at hand and can be diregarded because they don’t tend to either extreme viewpoint.

1 Like