Melee Damage, Melee Physical Damage, Physical Damage

Hey !

I would like to know more about those 3 stats: Melee Damage, Melee Physical Damage, Physical Damage

I know how they interract and what they do, but now my question is which one should i prioritize to optimize my damage ?

T5 Melee damage on 1H weapon is 50-70%
T5 Physical damage on 1h weapon is 70-105%

So if i got a melee physical attack like shadow cascade ( i will always use this attack as exemple ):
My interest is always to take physical damage instead of melee damage because the roll is higher or i am missing something ? and if so, why so much difference beetween the 2 stats.

If we keep going:
T5 Melee physical damage on 1h weapon damage is 22-28
T5 Physical damage on 1h weapon is 70-105%

To optimize shadow cascade damage, which one is the best, base on mathematics ? Since i dont know any good calculator tools for Last epoch, i find it very hard to know which stats i should build on my stuff ?

Can someone help me ?

Thanks you for your coming answer !

It entirely depends what type of skills you’re using (melee/spells/throwing) & what damage (phys, cold, void, etc).

Assuming you’re doing melee, melee physical damage is flat damage & that’s usually the best to go with.

After that you just want the biggest numerical modifiers that cover as many of the damage elements you’re doing. So if you’re doing pure phys then % phys would have higher numbers per affix tier. If you’re splitting your melee damage over multiple damage elements then % melee would be more useful.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.