Massive Amount of New Item Art - Which Do You Like the Most?

New art is for sure great but personally I would rather have any form of transmog system in the game asap. Especially that relics do not even show on your character at all.

I have never played a Mage in an aRPG that looked soooo NOT like a Mage.

Metal big ass helmet, plate body armor and hacking away with a 1 handed axe.

Just nope.

Especially that there are great robes/wizard hats and mage specific swords for example already in the game.

Imo instead releasing more elaborate 2d art each patch, majority of players would be happy if we could transmog to already existing 3d armor models - within class restrictions.

1 Like

I am absolutely in love with the Rogue’s coins and dice. I have a thing for metals and gemstones, I find them fascinating and fun to study and display, so those ruby dice and different metallic coins are so very awesome to me!

In my own opinion I believe the mage gear is quite balanced for the class considering one of their mastery classes is Spellblade. You wear half heavy armor and half light armor. Spellblade being a close and personal melee magical knight it makes sense that some of the gear would be more protective but it’s never leaning so far to what a Sentinel wears. I thought the mix of cloth and metal was a great equilibrium for the class as a whole.

1 Like

all of this art looks great, but my personal favorite items are the Ruby Dice and Auric Sceptre and Ironglass Shield

We have different defintions of what Battle Mage archetype is then.

That (and maaany other reasons) is why transmog system is a must.

So you could wear an assortment of absolutely random items that do not match together.

And i could stand there looking all stylish in my pointy wizard hat.

Everybody happy yay!

1 Like

EHG, me love you long time! :skull_and_crossbones:

Damned Souls for the win.
Scepters only 2 good [argent and Skeletal] rest are a bit boring. Relics all good except seed.

My thoughts exactly. I scrolled through the relics and was amazed by all of them. Particularly love the Ancient Coins. Then got to the bottom and audibly let out “I have to pick a favorite?!”

The scepters and shields are awesome as well. I think there’s only so much detail you can stick into those, where the relics can better show off texture, fabrics, and abstract design.

I do have to say, I’ll have to see what this Tower Shield ends up looking like in game. When I think Tower Shield I envision something that’s like 5-6 feet tall, at least. It needs to protect the legs, torso, and head, without making the person squat to hide behind it.

I LOVE the new shield models definitely would check them all out. The first thing I did when the patch came out was nerd out on my level 90 toon with gambler. Bought all the new shields just to observe the upgraded models which all look fantastic. I love the different styles, size ranges and details to them. I also noticed the nice touch of your character actually holding the shields handle on the inside, so well done.

1 Like

OK, AND? Put that on a keychain, not like people IRL are actually gonna think you stuffed a real baby in a jar.

1 Like

I think most of this is pretty good stuff! I feel like even if its not to MY taste, someone is going to enjoy it. Most of all, I like how it really ties to the themes of the class.

The only exception is the acolyte’s sceptre. Looks like she ripped out someone’s pelvis and shoved a bowling ball where Rayeh didn’t shine. Maybe it was someone in Welryn who owed her money? I dunno. To me, it is just distracting, even if I like the contrast of the dull white bone and the shiny, um, butt ball.

I love these dark designs. That’s what makes me interested in the game. Give me the dark & weird stuff, I eat it up. I think the homunculus evokes exactly what I think they are. Tiny representations of a human.

I wonder if that was the direction they were going with the acolyte. If it is, it’ll work. If she isn’t the type to do weird things with corpses, then I think it was a swing and a miss.

Maybe Welryn didn’t boot her out so much for a pursuit of black magic as opposed to being creeped out with what she did with dead bodies…

Here you go :wink:

Acolyte allows players to choose the following masteries:

I guess you can’t spell ‘Necromancer’ without ‘Romancer’.

My one year of Latin 20 years ago leads me to think that they are truly the romancers of the dead :wink:

It still looks wrong.

I like the coins! Fit perfectly to rouge image !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.