Marksman Inherent Skill For Channelled-based Build

I’ve made a Marksman and noticed something using a Flurry build. https://puu.sh/ISjxK/abe55c2ff3.jpg which doesn’t work. This has been reported in the Bugs forum section, here But apparently this is “intentional” according to the devs in a different but similar post.

I just really think it’s a bad design if like half of your inherent class mastery passive is totally wasted/useless because it doesn’t work just because you opted for channeled build (Ofc this is a totally different story for the passives you have to spend points on). So my suggestion is to gain 1 stack of this buff per 0.5-1 second channeled. This might be a bit overpowered in some cases, so maybe make the bonus only 50% compared from manually using a non-channeled skills. Not to mention that this is probably the only class that have this kind of downside in terms of inherent mastery passive (correct me if I’m wrong), which is again, I think very very wrong no matter how you look at it.

EDIT: Also maybe make the buff stack immediately disappear after moving.

Thanks for reading.

With channeled flurry, as you lose value from class base passive, you can abuse other things that count it as single attack: Black arrows, Elemental arrow, and coated blades passive. 50% attack speed? Pff, these 3 together will give you over 500% more dps.

2 Likes

The description says "Using a bow attack … " so this works as described with channeled Flurry.
With how unplayable channeled Flurry builds got after the “fix”, reducing the bonus would be like kicking them while they are already dead on the ground.
The high attack speed from channeled Flurry used to provide not only damage, but it made the build feel good which to me is the thing that got lost after the “fix”.
Losing some damage on a (specific) build that did a sh!tload of damage is fine, but losing damage AND making every! build using that skill feel bad is what killed it for me.

1 Like

I don’t understand. I have played a bit with my poison bladedancer since the fix. She still attacks as fast as before and she still feels ultrafast. Her damage has drasticaly decreased and now she is almost unplayable, due to the channelling time making her an easy target while not moving. But the feeling for me is the same: she is attacks incredibly fast.

Lucky for you I guess. Mine is unplayable.
Not only did the damage drop by over 80% but Flurry is so slow now it just feels bad.
Also, all my channeled Flurry Bow characters got hit so hard by the “fix” for no reason at all that I dropped them.
Talk about collateral damage…

I totally agree, a slow Flurry feels very bad.
I don’t understand why yours became slow and mine did not.

Sincerely, mine also. I don’t want her to stay channelling and not moving for long. I’ll respec her to something else, maybe I’ll stay poison and shift to Umbral Blades.

This might fall under a completely different topic. But you might be right that doing this way may result in overall better DPS. If numbers can be a problem by assuming my suggestions got through, then I think it’s the dev’s responsibility to adjust things elsewhere. I’m just really concern with its current design being the only class that lose benefit from the theme of the base class mastery passive (probably). Besides, like Tollewurst said, the description says “using bow attack”, otherwise it could’ve been more specific in the description itself.

I haven’t been following much of the update logs, so I don’t know what “fix” they did with the skill and how the skill is now compared before.

There were two bug fixes, one specific to melee (the Force Wave from the Shockwave node wasn’t getting Flurry’s 40% less chance to apply ailments meaning it was applying poison/bleed/etc way too much) & one that affected both melee & bow (any/all increased attack speed modifiers were being applied twice & multiplicatively).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.