Many passive skill points missing after patch

I’ve got a lvl 98 Paladin and he only has 99 passive skill points. My level 94 Forge Guard has 102. My level 83 Void Knight? 96. All of these were leveled after 0.8

I think many passives were lost when certain nodes were tweaked. Shield Wall in the Paladin tree is a good example, as it used to have multiple points and now only has 1.

Any way to get these points back? Or at least in future patches can you give a full respec when you tweak this many nodes?

Not a bug. In an earlier patch (0.7.10?) they removed 4 passive points from quest rewards so this is the game catching your character up with how many passive points you should have.

I started playing after that patch, in 0.8. I didn’t see any passive points removed from quest rewards in 0.8.1, did you?

Unless we’re only supposed to have 1 extra passive point then there’s something missing. Did you read my detail about my lvl 98 paladin? And why would all three have different totals of bonus points?

Another data point is that my lvl 68 rogue has 81 total points. My lvl 45 Primalist has 54.

How many passives do your recently played characters have? Surely more than just 1 above their level.

Ah, that wasn’t clear. I’d assume that you’ve missed some of the quests that reward passives in that case. The max you should have is 15 from quests & 98 from levels (you don’t get any for levels 1 & 2) when you hit lvl 100.

You think I missed over a dozen skill point rewards? Why would I miss that many on one and not the others?

Did you see that they tweaked some Paladin passives in 0.8.1?

You’re not listening, and not being helpful. I’m getting the message from you that you have faith in their systems, and seem to be driven to just tell me I’m wrong or delusional.

I don’t know, you never said in your original post, which is why I posted what I posted in my first post. The simplest solution was that they were old characters & you’d missed some quest rewards.

I’m probably not entirely listening, I saw the level/passives gap between the first two characters you listed & made some assumptions due to the lack of info in the first post.

Thanks. Yeah these were all leveled after 0.8, mostly during January when I was binging the game. I made sure I went through and completed all the passive quests, I even updated the wiki to reflect a quest that changed and had a passive removed.

I think when they tweaked some Paladin passives to be only one point instead of several, they didn’t refund those points. Shield Wall is a good example. I’ve updated my original post.

I’m replying so this doesn’t die.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.